Data one day behind

Have finally decided to ask why my WD data is one day behind after several years of use. Last 7 Days Rainfall display shows the date one day behind the actural day eg: Monday shows 31/10 should show 1/11. Detailed Rain Chart records rainfall one day behind. Averages/Extremes for day is one day behind. Reset times are 0900 with Avg/ext daily reset time of 9am and ticked Use AUS day of 9am option. At the beginning of the month the databackup folder has only 6 files (direction, direction 2, last 31 days…, latest, WDISPLAY, wdisplayftp), where as from the second day onwards there are an extra 6 files added. As I have set the reset times to Australian 9am option, all 12 files should be shown with there appropriate data on the first day of the month.
Runing Windows XP with latest updates, Weather Display 10.37S15 and a Davis Vantage Pro weather station.

using the Aus 9am option I think is the problem

I will have to do some experimenting/testing here

Hi Brian
Have you managed to have a look at my problem of things being one day behind? Or have they been fixed with the latest updates.

Cheers
Allan

Last 7 Days Rainfall display shows the date one day behind the actural day eg: Monday shows 31/10 should show 1/11
is the problem just with a month change or is it a problem on any day?

Problem is on any day.

ok, I will do some testing…

Hi
have done some testing (finally)
set the hour to reset rain to 9 hour
ticked to use 9am for av/ext and ticked 9am aus option in the reset times

set WD going with some daily rain and set the pc time/date to just before 9am
i.e 9th feb, thursday
after 9am, the daily rain resets
and going to view, rain chart, shows that rain amount recorded against the day before (wednesday), with a date of 8 /2 (i.e 8th feb)

that seems correct to me

I will test/check on the month change over though

Brian thanks for looking into my problem.
My WD main screen shows daily rain occuring on the correct day, but the Rain To Date and Detailed Rain Data are one day behind. See screen shots of these. The Detailed Rain Data screen shot shows rainfall one day behind with the 26.2mm showing on 31 January should show on 1 Feb. The 12 Feb should show 00.0 as per the 9am reset time.

ah
so the last 7 days is correct for the date in the first screen
but the detailed rain is not?

No. Both screens are one day behind. The first screen is over the main WD screen where the rain is recorded on the correct days and changes at 9am on the correct day. So the Rain To Date and Detailed Rain Data are one day behind.

the last 7 days rain does work correct, I tested that
but I will test that if the detailed rain chart is setting the day of the rain correct and report back
(your screen shot if not very clear what day the rain occured on, as its 4pm, and today rain is zero and yesterday rain is 0 as well)

Why would my Last 7 Days Rain chart be behind by one day? Rain did not occur on the day the screen shots taken nor the day before. Sorry about that. Will take screen shots when rain occurs next.

Sorry about that. Will take screen shots when rain occurs next.
yes, that will make things clearer

I was going to do more testing today (of the detailed rain data )
but I have to go to a funeral
will look at this later today or tomorrow

No hurry. I will be away from 19 Feb to 27 Feb.

I finally got a chance to test the rain data under view, rain chart, detailed rain chart
and in testing here it is correct (for when 9am reset hour used and 9am for av/ext and 9am Aus option selected)

Thanks for doing the test.
If yours works fine, why is it not the same on my computer?

Arrived home to find the power had failed the day before we arrived home. No data lost. Must have been off for more than 9 hours as I have two batteries on my HP laptop and a surge power backup. Is there some other way of extending the battery backup?

Hi
there is actually something wrong
I have someone else logfile which has 9am reset, and its 1 day behind for the detailed rain chart compared with the av/ext data
let me try and work out whats going and I will get back to you

try a new .zip update re the issue with the detailed rain chart

Hi Brian
Have had two rain days since you fixed the rain one day behind issue and the Detailed Rain Chart is now correct with the 9am reset time. Thank you.

But have noticed there is a difference with the day and the date on the Last 7 Days Rain which is one day behind. See the attached photos.

HI
ah, I had not tested those values
I will do some checking and testing and fix for the next WD update