Weewx to Weatherdisplay

Hi All,

Has any one managed to conect Weatherdisplay windows version to weewx, so WD recieves it’s data from weewx through a home network.

I have installed and have running the weewxwd-1.0.0 extention, but so fare not been able to work how to connect WD to the clientraw.txt in my Raspberry Pi

If you can please can please can you explain how to do it.
Regards Whimick

you would need that clientraw.txt file set a shared drive over a network (samba?)
and then set WD to use that as a data source , via the client/server setup

Thankyou for your reply

I have just tried the method you suggested, sadly I have not been able to make it work.
Could a cvs file be used?
If so could some one post an extract of a working csv file, and how they imported it into WD.
Is their anyone who use a Raspberry Pi weather station to drive WD

Michael

Do you have a webserver running on the Pi?

it could be that the clientraw.txt file is not correct
why are you not using consolewd on your pi instead?

On Pi:
Install Nginx light-weight webserver and set weewxwd to save the clientraw.txt in its webfolder (/var/www/html or similar), then point WD to that with like http://192.168.xxx.xxx/clientraw.txt.

I use that system on my remote Pi running WeeWX to feed the webcam-Pi wxdata trought the network.

In answer to Niko 's question Yes I am using Nginx.

I have tried importig both a clientraw.txt and a CSV file, both do not work.

I am thinking the using a CSV file may be the best option.

Has any one got a sample of a CSV that will work so I may use it as a template for creating my own.

Michael

If a browser on the WD PC can see the pi’s clientraw then WD will work in Client Mode accessing that file.

but have you tried using a correctly formated clientraw.txt (e.g created by consolewd or WD itself), in case the weewx one is not correctly formated

Would be helpful to know what exactly “do not work” means.

In answer to the questions below

When I say work, I mean that I generated a CSV (, delimited) or clientraw.txt which I have tried import into WD, using Samba and Nginx as my webserver.
Both do not update WD.
I have decided that it may be better for me to use CSV file, since they are easier to produce. However I have not been able to find any information about the correct format that will work with WD. At present my CSV look like below.

Is this the correct format?
I have used the information from this page https://ambientweather.wikispaces.com/Weather+Exchange+csv+File+Format
as a format.

Is this correct format?

Also when using stationless mode should my other weather station (WMR200) be phyisically disconnected from my PC.

I would need a copy of either those files, to see what is and what is not happening, when trying to use as a data source for WD

Thanks for replying.

I have attatched two csv (txt) files as requested.

I hope they may be able to help solve my problem.

Can you suggest another file form that could be imported?

wxdat.csv.txt (119 Bytes)

wxdat1.csv.txt (181 KB)

Hi,
I was just wondering if any one has had any thoughts about the 2 CSV files I posted.
I realy would like to get WD to work with my home made weather station I have tried using clientraw.txt produced Weewx WD plugin, sadley that does not work and WD is unable to read it.
Files are attached.

Hoping for some suggestions to solve my problem
Whimick

clientraw.txt (708 Bytes)

clientrawdaily.txt (1.53 KB)

clientrawextra.txt (2.57 KB)

clientrawhour.txt (2.31 KB)

if you look in WD under view, program event log, you will see
error with updateclientinternet ‘–’ is not a valid integer value

i,e the clientraw.txt file is not very well formated

I could see about trying to get around errors in the clientraw file

try