WD + Arduino -> COM port error handling

Hi Brian,

I have switched from WH-1090 to my own Arduino based station. I programmed the WatchDog to reset the Arduino board in case of a problem. However, sometimes, the PC COM port (using USB to RS485) / or WD gets stuck. So only restarting the WD helps, to receive the data from Arduino again.

Do you do any error handling on the COM port? Would it be possible to programm error check in the WD, so if the data are not updated (no any change) for a selected period of time, or the port is full of unreadable data, WD would flush the port, close and reopen the port?

Thank you for your time.

Kindest regards,

Marian

I have added some checks for a couple of station types to check for flat line data
I could add that to the arduino
as well as to flush the data after every read

Great work Brian, as always.

Would it be possible to close/open COM port if needed?

One more thing… I have got grass temp (5cm above ground) as well as soil temp in 10cm and soil moisture in 10cm … for Tgrass I use extratemp, for soil temp, I use %soiltemp% tag, for moisture I use %VPsoilmoisture% , is that correct, or is there any other tag except the one for DavisVP.

Are tags for current solar, UV, CO2 emissions (ppm)?

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Kindest regards,

Marian

yes, it would close and re open the port if I added that

re the data
as per what is in the weather station type setup:
extratemp1=
extratemp2=
extratemp3=
soiltemp=
uv=
solar=
rainmm= or rainintotalmm=
hum= or humidity= or humidity%=
winddir= (letters, i.e NNE)
baro= or pressure= or
pressurehpa=
(all hpa)
windspeedmph=
windgustspeedkph=
windspeedkph=
tempf=
tempc=
indoortempc=
extratemp4=
extratemp5=
extratemp6=

is what is supported currently for data
i.e soil moist or temp is not directly supported although you can set in WD to use an extra temp sensor as soil temperture