Finetuning

Hi Brian,

Ive mentioned those subjects before, but id like you to have a look at it again.

1. The time wd loses when writing the weather data every minute.( i loose this way about 3000 seconds: 50 minutes of data a day…)
  2. The ability to have the humidity on the mainscreen graph shown in one 90,7 instead og 91. in the datafield on the mainscreen its shown in 1 decimal, but in the graph it isnt.

Both the above subjects are solved in loggernet and makes me doubt to use wd or loggernet.
Id prefer wd above loggernet because wd has all the needed data processing in it, loggernet has to be programmed that way.

So could you please have a look at this?

Cheers,

Mark

what I could do is have the separate data reader program check for max/min , and pass that onto WD every minute, which can check to see if it missed any?

Hi Brian,

For max min data that would work, but what about the average data (like for example average windspeed/direction)?
its missing every minute 2 or 3 seconds of data…

2 or 3 missing is not going to affect the average of 60 data points much

youre probably right.
whats causing the delay? writing those data values could be lightening fast i think, but its probably writing data to weather underground sort of websites or…?

the latest .zip update is an attempt…beta first
there is a new cronpakbusnew.exe version that creates a csv file with the seconds number in it
and WD will read the last second one in , during the minute change over
its a start

running now…lets see

…the “data received” count is still missing data when i count during the “freezing”…

that is not going to change

ok, how can i see if its catching all data during the end/beginning of the minute?
i see the mainscreen data during that time is still freezing for some time…

i see the data in the cronpakbusnew screen doesnt freeze the data during the change in minute.
but why is the wd mainscreen doing it?

i noticed when looking at the time in the datastring in the cronpakbusnew screen the time is every minute going from 23:43:48 to 23:43:50, or 23:50:30 to 23:50:32…
so its missing a second, while the time on the wd mainscreen is running fine, but thats probably what you adjusted…?

i see the data in the cronpakbusnew screen doesnt freeze the data during the change in minute. but why is the wd mainscreen doing it?
but of course, as cronpakbusnew.exe does not have much work to do

try another .zip update
where at 5 seconds past the minute, WD will use the last 5 second stamped .csv files, that cronpakbusnew.exe creates,and check for the max/min data

no, still the same, wd mainscreen data pauses realtime updating data every minute…

no, still the same, wd mainscreen data pauses realtime updating data every minute...
but I have not said anywhere on this thread that will change please re read my post above

Hi Brian,

Yes, youre right.
Still wonder why it takes that long to write data to logfile(s) etc. but thats probably because i havent got the knowledge whats running in the background of wd…:slight_smile:

Hi Brian,

Is it possible to have point 2 in the first post implemented in WD?
Would be really helpfull for the data gathered over here:)

Hi Brian,

I still really like to have the ability to have an option to show the humidity on the mainscreen graph and in the advanced graphs and the humidity rate in one decimal.
The numeric value on the mainscreen is already reading in one decimal, but the humidity graphs and humidity rate arent unfortunately.
We use the weather graphs alot and the humidity graphs are blocked, not smooth, while my sensor is capable of reading in one decimal humidity values.
If its a not easy to accomplish this, could you probably point me in the direction to adjust something deeper in wd and do it myself…?

Cheers:)

Mark

If its a not easy to accomplish this, could you probably point me in the direction to adjust something deeper in wd and do it myself...?
its not something you can do your self

it is possible I could do what you want

but not for free as it will take some work

ok, what do you want me to do Brian?

make a donation to the cause