Software native RS-232

I asked Maxbotix

Q: As I read the data sheet this unit should start sending RS-232 data after power up with no additional action needed - is that correct?

A: Correct, after boot data has loaded, ranging and data output occurs milliseconds after.

Q: Is there any problem using the MB7354 with a USB-Serial adaptor?

A: Many of our customers have utilized our sensors in this manner with very few issues.

Merci Niko,
Je vais refaire des essais dans la journ

Le capteur d

J

Bonjour Serge, I see you have tested on another PC with a real serial port and it is still not working :frowning:

I only see two possibilities, a bad sensor, or wrong connections. Can you make pictures of the connections to the maxbotix and the 9 pin connector?

Je vois seulement deux possibilit

Demain je fais des photos.

J’ai command

OK Serge.

Brian, Serge has ordered another sensor (same model). He thinks that the one he has is working correctly but he wants to be certain.

Joyeux No

Bonsoir,
Enfin re

Bonjour,
Apr

Ouf !..
J

F

well of course none of that is available as have been waiting to at least see if the test program would get the data OK
I would need to add ability to injest and use the data

Serge, puisque les donn

Merci

I guess I would need to average the readings?
and it looks like its just a raw range value?
is the number that appears in the test program, e.g the R0521
so i averaged the values and then looked for that value decreasing, would mean more snow (less distance)
I guess it would work similar to the 1 wire lazer sensor (which I need to fix a problem with…would be much easier if I had the hardware here)

Yes, you’re right. You need to be able to set the 0 snow depth which would = the max expected range reading, and then the snow depth in mm is that number minus the value.

Assuming the data shows up in WD the same as the test program, automatically reject any line that isn’t “R” followed by 4 digits as bad data.

“I guess it would work similar to the 1 wire lazer sensor” : Yes

“would mean more snow (less distance)” : Yes

Bonjour,
Afin de vous aider, voulez-vous un extrait d

first thing is to make sure the data can be set to flow into WD
try setting that
in the setup , misc setup, snow setup, Mabotix snow sensor

and see if the raw data shows under view, debug info