Got my new outdoor IP cam today but having problems

Hi all, I got my new Amcrest outdoor weather camera today and can’t get it connected to Weather-Display. In Web Cam Capture 10.05, I clicked on the IP Camera Setup tab and selected “I want to use with a IP (net) Camera”, and entered the IP address and my credentials in the authentication box, and clicked the “Start Preview” button and it says, “The IP camera is down or the IPCameraURL is wrong. [ERROR] failed to start preview”.

I’m not having any problems connecting it to my wireless network, that’s working fine.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks much!
Dan

Got it! I used this URL:

http://192.168.1.105:80/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?1

Seems to work fine now!

Dang, these forums are a goldmine of information! :slight_smile:

Hi, all of a sudden this morning my webcam stopped working and I see “ERROR: List index out of bounds (0) at time/date 9:15:35 AM 2016-10-18”. Now I can’t restart it, even after restarting WD and the camera app.

In addition, the camera app is now throwing exception errors.

Any idea what this means and how I can correct it?

Here’s the message I’m getting…

access_violation.jpg

Ok, it’s resolved. I just rebooted my system and everything appears to be normal again.

The connect string I use in WD for my Amcrest is:

http://username:password@192.168.1.105:80/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

The only trouble I had was getting the webcam to use a static IP that I set for it on my router. Seemed to ignore the DHCP settings for it’s lease. Other than that it’s been running great for a few weeks now.

Let me know when you get it moved outside so I can take a look…

Thanks all! It’s finally up and running!

I’ll tell you what I did. It was kind of an accident. I went to Home Depot after work today and was asking a bunch of questions to the sales reps about how to mount the camera. None of them had any clue as to how I should do it. I even took my camera with me to show them how I wanted it mounted. I was about to leave the store disappointed when I passed by some 6"x6" wooden fence toppers with a raised flat top on them and thought, “Gee, maybe I could mount my camera on the flat area and somehow stick the wood on to the siding of my condo with some super glue or No More Nails”. Then I saw this two-sided sticky tape called Lepage No More Nails Mounting Tape, good enough to hold up to 35 kg. It’s made for indoor mounting, but it will stick anything to anything, so I thought if I put this stuff on the back of the wood block, I could stick it to my wall. When I got home I put it all together and then I had another brilliant idea! My balcony railing is made of metal so I thought, why not stick it up right onto the railing and point the camera out into the neighbourhood? That’s just what I did and here is the result. This sucker ain’t coming off any time soon! It’s under a covered awning and it probably won’t get very wet, even on a rainy day.

Camera Mount.JPG

Looks good…sometimes simple is the best answer.

Thanks!