cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Couple of questions (Pi version)  (Read 749 times)

Offline weatherc

• Salo, Finland
  • OS/Browser:
  • (Linux Mint)
  • Firefox 48.0
    • Weatherstation Salo,FI
Couple of questions (Pi version)
« on: September 15, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »
Hi,

Testing ConsoleWDPi for a seutp with a Davis VP2 USB and have a couple of questions.
As another software-probablity have i WeeWx so i do some comparements for finding the one what fits my needs best ;)

1. Do ConsoleWD parse Davis datalogger for missing values (ie. if been shutdown for 1 hour)?
2. Would it be possible to get it to generate climate-reports (like in Windows-version)?

WD would be great if it is capable to parse the logger as it seems upload clientraw.txt faster than 1 minute interval.
The competitor WeeWX are capable for parsing the logger but can upload only at 1 minute-interval ;)

PS. Would be nice with the mysql-scheme in the readme as it is stated in the config.txt :)

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.101
    • Weather Display
Re: Couple of questions (Pi version)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »
no for 1, and yes for 2
(dailynoaareport)
the mysql format should be the same as the windows version

Offline weatherc

• Salo, Finland
  • OS/Browser:
  • (Linux Mint)
  • Firefox 48.0
    • Weatherstation Salo,FI
Re: Couple of questions (Pi version)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 09:27:31 AM »
Would be a nice feature to have the datalogger-parsing also in consolewd, then it would be the perfect solution (at least for my needs), capable to read older datas if RasPi have been down + fast updates :)
My installation would be at a solarpowered remote location where it need to shutdown during nights at winter due to lack of sun up here north ;)

cumulus