WxSimLite Station Software

Hello Tom,

Hope you are having a Labor Day break. Maybe you can drop a quick answer to my problem. I have been using WxSim since early 2011 and added WxSimLite in late 2015. Because I had 10 years of station data with WeatherLink versus shorter times with other programs, I chose that as my “Station Software”. This seemed to work, however, WeatherLink frequently would miss a top of the hour download and cause my automatic WxSim runs to be screwed up. I have finally given up on the WeatherLink/WxSim/WxSimLite combination and want to change to Cumulus as the station software. I have been trying to make this change for a couple of weeks but I’m not getting very far. WxSimLite insists on looking for the Cumulus data files (Sept16log.txt, Aug16log.txt, etc) in c:\wxsim even when I put “C:\Program Files\Cumulus\data” in the “Path to log files” box.

I know I don’t understand the workings of this program, I wouldn’t be asking this if I did, but why is it so hard to chance from one “Station Software” to another. I have WxSim data from f13110102.wxf to f16090507.wxf and WxSimLite data from gfsdat0dt=2015-11-14-06.txt to gfsdat0dt=2016-09-05-06.txt. So; what do I need to do to reincorporate WxSimLite data into my automatic forecasts?

Thanks in advance,

George Richardson

Hi George,

Sorry for the slow response - it was a really hectic week!

You may have tried changing the path right there on the form, which I admit makes total sense, but I believe I do not have that one “sticking” on exit (though it would seem to make sense for it to, I’ll admit!). Instead, use the “Setup” menu item. I believe that will stick. It saves into sitelist.txt and you can actually look at that after you’ve made the change as a confirmation that the change is permanent (until you change it again, of course!).

Let me know if that takes care of it!

Tom

Thank you Tom. That seemed to do the trick.

George