Must All Five Programs Remain Open / Resolved

Being a Pro owner of WXSIM, I’m using many of the basic functions.

I know I must Keep WXSIM & WXSIMATE open in order to produce forecasts.

Do I need to keep the following programs open? Please note that at this point of time I’m not using an auto-scheduler.

WRET / AutoLearn / WXSIMLITE

If they must remain open, I may consider an auto-scheduler if anyone would care to recommend one.

Rick

www.MohawkValleyWeather.com

It’s my understanding that WXSIMATE, WXSIMLITE, WRET and any other intermediate windows can be closed when each program has finished it’s job. For example, once WXSIMATE has finished importing data and creating it’s data files, WXSIMATE can be close. No reason to keep it open.

When you have finished running WXSIMATE, WXSIMLITE and WRET, you can open WXSIM and make a forecast run.

At least this is my understanding.
James

I use Splinterware System Scheduler Professional… I believe the free version will likely do whats needed for WXSIM… I don’t leave any of the WXSIM programs open. The way I have my stuff scheduled is:

1. In System Scheduler – WXSIMATE scheduled for :06 after the hour for the hours I run it. In WXSIMATE’s schedule, I have that set to do its thing at :07 after the hour.
  2. In System Scheduler – WXSIM-Lite is scheduled for :09 after the hour. In WXSIM-Lite’s scheduler, it is set for :10 after the hour. I also have WXSIM-Lite’s scheduler set to do full analysus at 3:10 AM.
  3. In System Scheduler – WXSIM runs at :11 after the hour… WXSIM’s schedule is set for :12 after the hour
  4. In System Scheduler – my script that FTPs the forecast to my website then runs at :15 minutes after the hour
  5. In System Scheduler – I then run another script that renames the latest.txt files so I always have the previous 10 forecasts. That runs at :17 after the hour.

You may have to adjust the gap between the programs if you have a slower computer… I’m running a pretty fast Core i7 machine, so my forecast runs typically complete within a minute.

If you’re also using Autolearn-WX – I have that set to run at 12:03 AM. I don’t schedule WRET.EXE for anything.

Hi,
I run all WxSim programs and personally I keep all of them running 24/7 (never shut any of them down) unless I have to reboot the PC for some reason.
Longest it ran until a windows update required reboot was 3.5 months (no issues ever during that time).
There is as mentioned in post above no reason to keep them running, though also no reason to shut them down.
My weather pc runs WxSim, WxSim-Mate, WxsIm-Lite, Auto-LearnWX, CumulusMX, FWI Calc, Nexstorm, StormStation5, StormvueNGX, and many other programs, including OpenGrads for GFS image creation (which lately is playing up. But all run in what I call Black screen mode (monitor shut down) and only about once a week or more I move the mouse to activate the screen for whatever reason.
regards,