Importing WU Monthly Data

Clearly I am missing something with importing WU monthly data.

I have gone through what I figured were the obvious steps of generating data “January 2016”, Copy data into Excel, Save as .csv, Action try to import…nothing happens.

Could someone walk me through this process ?

Thanks !

Hi
there is a youtube video showing step by step how to import WU data
http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php

Unfortunately that video has nothing to do with the mac version.

Would love if someone could shed some light on this for me in the mac version…anyone able to help ?

The video for the Windows version just doesn’t cut it…not much in common and with various txt cut off on the mac version its hard to figure out.

ah
I thought I had added this function to the mac version
will look at doing that and let you know

Thanks !

I have this working now in the latest update

Thanks Brian

I just updated to this. I see it now looks like the windows version, where it puts your Underground station in and allows custom dates

THANKS !!! as always

Would this also resolve the issue I was having way back when the mere fact of going in and using the noaa reports was causing log file information to disappear on webpage and nooa reports until I did a convert log?

Awesome !

I’m filling in data from my station and other near-by stations but I am unable to get the data from any of the airport stations ex. CYQY

do airport stations gather/collect data differently ?

it is designed for every 5 minute data, e.g from a personal weather station

Hey Brian

So I want to try this out as one month from the past is missing data (thought I had corrected).

Anyways, i’m testing on the windows version. I entered the start/stop day, year and my station ID.

It chugged along and then completed stating the file was in the c:\wdisplay\datafiles\month52011.inf

However, when I go into that folder there is no such file. When I sort by timestamp there were a few files created just now (see screen shot)

Assuming the “latest.inf” I can rename to month52011.inf ???

Assuming yes, my brain is drawing a blank what I do with that inf file once its there. Do I go into actions and convert logfile? or daily nooa and run a new noaa style and detailed climate?

Thanks

Wunderground CSV Import.JPG

WD Wundground CSV Import.JPG

see if there was a logfile created and try converting that logfile to data file

Thanks Brian, it all worked perfect. I did it on the windows version to be safe…

What is different this time, as the weatherundground script was collecting data I saw it scrolling on the WD screen, didn’t do that yesterday.

I now see all the files (including log file which wasn’t there yesterday)… No clue why but its ok

Brought all files to mac, worked like a champ including my web page. DAMM wish this was here when I was correcting all the past months that had issues !!!

Thanks again