Can you run 2 Weather stations

Hi, did a search and found some old post but people seem to be in the same position.

I have on old Oregon WMR928 which was great as you can add extra sensors, its now 13 years old and things are breaking.

The all in ones look ok (Davis VANTAGE VUE)but you cant seem to add extra sensors.

Would be good if you could have 2 stations feeding Weather Display.

Has this feature been added yet???

Regards Brian

you can add 1 wire sensors to any station in WD

I guess I could make it where you could use the extra temp/hum sensors from a WMR928/100/200 into the data that comes from a Davis Vue
is that what you mean?

Brian,
I have often wondered that as my trees have grown that my ‘main’ station that WD sees and feeds my web page with, has gotten some later afternoon interference with solar values, yet another, lower, location has good sun yet difficult wind exposure.

I’d like to be able to run two instances of WD gathering data from each station, yet pick and choose which values from each station to combine into what looks like a data stream coming from one station, sort of a hybrid mix. I’m sure it could be done, but probably a programming nightmare when it comes of different stations. I’m wondering if two different clinentraw.txt streams could be parsed and some ‘matrix’ set up to say the first five values from station A are checked and get hyridized with station B’s 6 and 9 substituted in the final data stream that is somehow read by WD to come up with the final output. That really is over the top, but something to speculate about.

Dale

Yes that would be perfect.

the wmr968 is serial data…
what type of davis data logger would you get?

Not looked yet by if its available I would go for USB

Regards Brian

Hi Brian

Any more thoughts on the ability to have the Davis running the the Oregon

Need to buy a new station.

Regards, Brian

can you summarize again what you are wanting?
is it that you want to use the extra temp/hum sensors from your wmr968 station with a davis station, or?

Hi Brian

Yes I want to use the Davis for the standard stuff, wind, rain, outside temp etc, this would be on USB and use my old Oregon (serial port) for extra temp i.e. Jam Jar for sun etc.

Regards, Brian

when you say serial port, I presume you still mean serial to usb

you can get an extra temp sensor for the davis station
(unless you got a vue?)

I have an actual serial port on my PC, but it obviously just shows as a com port (as does a serial to USB adapter).

I was looking at the Vue, the others are far out of my price range especially when you add extra sensors.

Doing a search on 2 Stations, a lot of people have asked this question.

If this feature is not going to happen then please let me know and I may choose the WMR300

BTW has anybody asked about getting data from the z-wave weather station into weather display?

Regards Brian

Doing a search on 2 Stations, a lot of people have asked this question.
really?

the wmr300 looks like its going to be superceeded by OS
I don’t even know if you can even get extra temp sensors for it
(you cant get solar or uv now like they promised was coming)

really

Sorry Brian, I may have been mistaken, I just type Two Stations in the search and 31 pages came up, the first 5 questions looked similar to my request.

The weather shop said that you can get extra sensors for the 300, I have read that the UV has never been released, The VP VU looks like a nice bit of kit, its a shame you cant add extra sensors.

Hence my request.

Been using weather display since 2003 with my old, buts its falling apart.

Regards, Brian

I did a short while ago but i quickly gave the idea up

If you want to use your original OS for cloud conditions and the Davis Vue for main data, i believe you can do this running two
instances of WD, you can then setup your OS version as a METAR and then set the Vue version to download that METAR and
use its data for the cloud, i did this for a while many moons back, but using only 1 OS station 1 WD, ask my why i did this, i cannot
remember but there must have been a reason lol :smiley: