From WeatherLink to Cumulus

I have recently been having trouble with WeatherLink providing timely data for my WXSIMATE auto-run. I would like to try Cumulus as local data provider. Can this be done by merely changing; Customize - Local station source - WeatherLink to Cumulus and “Local station data directory” from C:\WeatherLink\LakeWeat to C:\Program Files\Cumulus\data ?

TIA

George

That seems correct - you may have to change it in several locations for WXSIM, WRET etc.

Seems to be working.

Thanks,

George

Oops! Running WxSimLite generates “Error 53 (File not found). Last file attempted to be opened was c:\wxsim\Aug16log.txt. Last file successfully opened was c:\wxsim\fdata.txt.”

“Aug16log.txt” is the Cumulus data file and is pointed to in WXSIMATE “Local station data directory” as “C:\Program Files\Cumulus\data”

Any suggestions as to fixing this?

TIA

George

Any update on getting WxSim-Lite going again?

I moved from VWS to Cumulus trying to get away from some random errors after reboots and gave up getting WxSim-Lite operating again.

tstolze,
Sorry I didn’t follow up on this. WxSimLite seems to have been running correctly, for me, for the past 6 weeks. Please look at topic “WxSimLite Station Software” (my last entry was 09/25/16) for Tom’s response which seemed to work for me. If this doesn’t take care of this for you, let us know.
George

Thanks George!

That appears to have gotten things going again… :smiley: