APRS / CWOP Question

I wanted to provide a follow-up to what I have discovered since initially posting. I believe I was doing a couple of things incorrectly, which were: 1) Incorrectly calibrating the VP2 barometric pressure with the reported Units, "in vs. mb) to the closest airport near where I live, and 2) Not choosing the correct WD settings to send the data to CWOP / MADIS once calibrated. What facilitated my question from the beginning was CWOP/MADIS has been failing my weather station on the barometric pressure (RED X) and all of the other readings are 2 thumbs-up (Green). The saying goes, “Green is good, Red is bad”.

After researching this, I discovered the VP2 only uses Sea-Level Pressue (SLP) — very important! So when I initially set the VP2 pressure (based on the airport), I used the the Elevation Pressure (from the airport), reason being it was being display in inHG and mb, whoops ---- I have my weather setup to use inHG, not mb — that probably was mistake #1, not knowing the VP2 only uses sea level (mb)!.

For #2, I have checked the 2 WD options (Send Altimeter pressure and Use this pressure for baro reading). Things so far are looking more appropriate.

Given this, I have used the latest airport reading using the mb setting for SLP, and after converting it, I’ve entered the converted value into the VP2 for the new reference barometric pressure. I’ve also set the WD settings accordingly and will see how things go. Just wanted to share this in case any one else gets the Red X :slight_smile: I’ve attached a couple of screen shots which will hopefully illustrate what I believe I was doing incorrectly.

Thanks much!
Randy

WD Pressure Conversion.jpg