Wind Direction Default Auto

Build 37S19. I prefer to have NWSEN shown on the console. Under graph setup, the “force” tick box is not working to keep the NWSEN showing on the graph at all times. WD does show both NWSEN (auto) ticked as well as “force”, but WD is not honoring the “force” setting. I believe the “force” setting is supposed to keep the graph showing NWSEN all the time.

Also in auto mode when it goes to S E N W S the horizontal lines are missing on the graph see up loads, also the font size for the wind compass will not stick after rebooting PC or restarting WD, you need to reset the font size each time, using 10.37S18.

many thanks.

teal.

Teal, that behavior is normal. Look at the eft edge of the graph when north is top/bottom, notice the degree’s. North is unique in that is has both 0

Hi, right, ok then.

teal.

It didn’t hold. I noticed the graph had changed to SENWS and when I checked the graph setup it had magically changed to SENWS (fixed). I tried ticking NESW but the graph did not change. The only way I can get the console graph to show NESW is by not ticking any boxes in the graph setup/windspeed-dir tab.

also the font size for the wind compass will not stick after rebooting PC or restarting WD
where exactly are you setting that?

After doing a full install of build 25 this is not working again…selecting ‘NESW’ in the graph setup gives the same result as selecting ‘SENWS’.
Selecting ‘Force’ has no effect.

Dan - I thought the same thing, but the first click of the change in the graph setup seems to clear the check boxes, and the 2nd click in the desired box, on my system, selects the change which immediately shows on the graph. Bld 25.

Craig

Here’s some screen grabs to show what I am seeing:

scrngrab1 shows my current setting…nothing is ticked and graph shows NWSEW
scrngrab2 shows what happens when I tick NESW (Force ticked makes no difference) graph now shows SENWS

The NWSEW tick button is not working as expected.

Ive got the same issue…

Build 27 appears to be working…

there has been no change in build 27
the issue only happens when there is a certain combination of wind direction changes I suggest

I hesitated to post build 27 was working because I said the same thing about build 25. This all started when I was on build 19.

Since I started having this issue I have installed:

• build 23 update
  • build 25 update
  • full install build 25
  • build 27 update

Guess all I can do is wait and see if the wind causes it to happen again…

Now on build 28. WD has been running 5 days 20 hours. Had been working fine until today. 2 attachments…first one shows how I am setup and you can see on the graph that WD is not following the settings. The second screen grab shows how I have to set WD in order to get NWSEN to show on the graph. At this point, ticking either of the 2 selections yields the same result, the graph will show N in the middle.

Shutting down WD and re-starting does not fix the graph.

wdscrngrab.png

wdscrngrab2.png

I’ve got the same issue.

I’ve tried and tried, from 10.37R302 to S26, but there appears to be no way to fix the wind graph.

I’ve given up trying.

guys, I have not made any changes to this section of the code for a long time
so there is no point in trying different versions etc
the issue arises under certain circumstance, ie after certain wind direction changes that have occured

after 12 hours , i.e after that wind direction has passed out of the graphing range, then it will self correct

instead of posting all the time that it works then does not work
you should instead be saying, Brian, what files do you need to reproduce the problem on your end , etc
(i,e I will need your data files , last31daysdata.inf,month112016direction3.inf,direction.inf and direction2.inf at the time the problem occurs

Files on the way…thanks

I said I’ve given up because it doesn’t worry me any more: it only takes 2 seconds to select Control Panel/Graph Setup and fix it!

@Norcaldan
try build 29

I have fixed the notation for the default direction labeling in the graph setup as it was incorrect order (has always been wrong, even in build 81)
and I have renamed the force setting to do not auto adjust, for it set to use default

Build 29 installed. When I started up WD the graph shows correct. Will let you know if it happens again.

Thanks Brian, superb support as always…