CCR not being created?

Hi. I’m new to Steel Gauges, and as yet have had limited success. I.e. it seemed to work once or twice but didn’t update again. Right now it doesn’t seem to be uploading either!

Can you point me to a simple checklist of things one needs to do to get the gauges running?

http://www.hssc.net/weather/gauges.htm

• I’m using the latest version on WD and SG
  • I have changed gauges.js (in Notepad++) to: realTimeUrlWD : ‘customclientraw.txt’, (My CCR file is in the same folder as the gauges installation)
  • I have changed gauges.js to: weatherProgram : 1,
  • I have ticked the box in WD control panel to upload CCR from CCRlocal and put CCR local in the webfiles folder.

Any ideas?

I’m pretty confused - it’s just started working again, and I haven’t done anything. (My WDL page has been OK all the time though.) It is still updating only sporadically though (despite WDL updating every three seconds). Maybe some of my settings are in conflict?

…and now it’s stopped again. One important update - at random. the CCR file that is uploaded to my web server contains zero bytes of data - and is blank.

are you using rename the file on the sever option in the real time ftp upload?

No I haven’t. What concerns me is that occasionally it uploads. I.e. its just done it successfully again. Attached the CCR file that was uploaded to my web server…

customclientraw.txt (1.63 KB)

…but nothing since, and it’s all set to upload every 5 seconds.

if your ftp server allows file rename, then try setting that

OK I’ll try that next time I’m down at the PC. Where do I find that option?

in the connections setup in the ftp/internet setup for normal ftp
and for real time ftp, its in the real time ftp setup in the webfilles/web page setup

Thanks. Can you just explain why that might help?

if there is some error in the upload, at least its only a temporary file that is blank and not the actual file used

Could you just have a look at the attached CCR that just uploaded? Caused all the dials to zero. It looks like a ClientRaw! Something very strange is happening.

customclientraw.txt (769 Bytes)

for some reason, that is actually a clientraw file
check to see if maybe you have set to upload the clientraw or custom client raw elsewhere in WD
e.g in the customise internet and file creation setup…clientraw upload…unset that if you are using the real time ftp
or in the general ftp setup

I thought it was! I’m not there at the moment, but am 99.9% sure I haven’t , as this was a completely fresh installation after a PC change.

…and here is the next CCR to upload - completely blank!

Something is very amiss. Whilst this has been happening, my ClientRaw file hasn’t uploaded for 5 minutes either!

I’m pretty sure now that this is an FTP problem, broader than Steel Gauges. I’ll therefore start a new thread.

Just to complete this thread. This has now been resolved. Was due to my FTP server requiring secure FTP (SFTP). Then needing to set port 22 in WD.