max/min temp

Hi, my windows 10 shut down yesterday for no reason, when I rebooted it had messed up some of the data on WD, I have converted log to data, & downed data from Davis logger etc. that sorted the graphs out etc. but two of my custom labels max temp last year & min temp last year are now showing --. I have restarted WD & rebooted the PC & waited till after midnight but its still the same. The rest of my custom labels are OK see upload, is there something else I could try.

many thanks.

teal.
using W10 & WD10.37s15

max_min.jpg

what is the actual custom tags you have used?

Hi, the tags that I’m using are %maxtempyrago% & mintempyrago% .

teal.

See if the tag starts working on its own…You might have data missing for this day last year
Or try converting July last year log to data

I have just tried 72015lg.txt them hit the covert button but it is still the same. The problem happened about 19.30 yesterday & I converted logs etc. yesterday, then waited till 00.45 today but still not working, I will wait until tomorrow to see if it starts to work.

teal.

Hi, gone midnight here now & max/min last year labels still not working.

teal.

Hi, I have restarted build 81 & the max/min still won’t display, I was just thinking could it be something to do with the new update, (from b81 to 10.37s15 ) it mite not be anything to do with W10 shutting down on its own.

teal.

if you could .zip and email me last year july logfile, and this years,
and I will test/check here

ok, there is something amiss with your july 2015 log data
as after converting that to data file, then if you go to view, av/ext, and change to view july 2015, the data only goes to the 25th
hence why those custom tags stopped

there is an online log file checker available…to check for problems with it …fix and then re do the convert

Thanks for having a look at the log files, if I just leave it should start working again on the 01/08/16.

many thanks.

teal.

Hi, it is now working ok, but like you said 07/2015 had only 25 days, but now my 07/2016 has only has only got 29 days of data, is there a way to correct this.

teal.

if the convert july log to data does not get all the days
then check your logfile with an online logfile checker for duplicates/extra lines

Hi Brian, as you can see I have a big problem with my signature banner it gone very silly, I have spent about 2 hours on this trying to sort it but just cannot get it right, I have deleted the images form the web files so I can start again but when I restart WD it just keeps going back to being to big, & WD keeps cashing & shutting down or just locking up & I have to use task manager to shut down WD.

teal.

if you go to view, custom screen
if its big there…then make it smaller…and save that change
let me know

Right, got it sorted, deleted the signature banner images, so all that I had was the signature banner over lay being made then put the image that I had been using into the web files folder, with a different name, them remade the banner, that’s the last time that I will touch that, it has been working fine for years. Don’t know why WD kept crashing & locking up, next thing to now is the missing data, I will try what you said, I seem to remember that when I had missing data you used the data from WU ?, any way I will give your way a try.

many thanks.

teal.

I suspect the very large size of the signature banner was causing the crash

I found out that if you move any thing on the banner then click : customisation/save changes : that’s it locks up or the banner goes big.

teal.

just tested here
set to move/resize and moved and resized an object and the custom screen
then right mouse click, save settings
no issues

Very strange, well its ok now so I will leave well alone.

many thanks for your help.

teal.