MAC running windows

Has anyone tried running the Windows version of WD on MAC that is set up with dual operating systems? The reason I ask is my PC is dying and I was thinking of getting a MAC to replace it problem being I have a 1-wire station and last MAC version of WD I knew of did not support 1-wire.

Cheers

I have been running Wd on my imac for a long time through Parallels. Absolutely no problems at all with it, indeed I wold recommend it above the standard Mac version as I believe you have more control over the funtions in the Windows one. I should add I am not using i 1ire, but using a hoem made system via Campbell Scientific loggernet.
Take the plunge you will not be disappointed, and certainly not be disappointed with mac either.

Mike

You can run full WD om a Mac, but you have to choose:

1. Use a Mac with BOOTCAMP = mac name for dual boot, you then run it as a mac or as a PC but never the two at the same time
    or
  2. Use parallels or VM ware fusion and the you can run your PC windwos system as another program on a Mac

Works fine on my mac mini as seen on attached screenshot. When you only want to run WD you do not need VirtualVP.

Wim

Mac’s tend to be better hardware than normal pc’s and so do a better job and running windows in many ways

Thanks everyone for your input. I am taking the plunge and should be up and back up and running full time next weekend. I most likely will be back and ask how to migrate the old data from one PC to the Mac, but I believe there is already a thread on that somewhere here in the forum on PC to PC data move? The move should be very similar.

Cheers

Greg

there are lots of threads about that, as people ask the same question without doing any searching

I lost my entire system to a trojan ransomware virus that entered via the PC. It encrypted all my files…PC…Mac…time-machine…