NEED HELP! Virtual VP keeps failing recently!

Hi all,
New to this forum and need some help.

I’ve got Virtual VP, StartWatch and Cumulus running on a dedicated weather computer.

My weather station is a Davis Vantage Vue with USB connection to PC.

I’ve been successfully running this setup for over a year now.

A few months ago I noticed that occasionally Virtual VP would stop receiving data and would display " VpConsole: No response after several retries for Wake Up Console" in its log.

No matter what I did, I could not get Virtual VP running again.

This problem would occur once every 1 to 2 weeks, and after about 2 or 3 hours Virtual VP would successfully reconnect by itself, and StartWatch would restart Cumulus.

This was mildly annoying, but not a major problem.

As time has gone on, this problem has become much more frequent.
To the point where now, I’m getting about 30 minutes of data, and approximately 6 to 8 hours of errors before the data miraculously starts working again for another 30 minutes.

I’ve tried rebooting the computer, disconnecting the USB cables, disabling the USB to UART driver, changing the com port number, etc. and the problem will not fix itself.
All I can do is wait for the 6 to 8 hours to pass, before VirtualVP can miraculously start receiving data again.

There are no issues with the console during these errors, reception from my ISS is consistently at 99%, and does not fall during these errors. The console continues to receive live data as if there was nothing wrong, but for some reason, the computer is not able to receive data.

I have been googling and looking online and I can’t seem to find anything that will help me with fixing these issues, I honestly have no idea what to do.
The setup has worked perfectly for over a year before these problems occurred, so I have no idea how to fix them and really could do with some help.

Here’s the error log from the most recent occasion of these errors occurring (30 minutes ago).

22:49:51:601 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Wake Up Console
22:49:53:601 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Get Live Sensor Data
22:49:54:898 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Wake Up Console
22:49:56:960 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Get Live Sensor Data
22:49:58:945 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Wake Up Console
22:50:01:038 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Get Live Sensor Data
22:50:02:476 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Wake Up Console
22:50:04:617 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Get Live Sensor Data
22:50:06:648 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Wake Up Console
22:50:08:726 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Get Live Sensor Data
22:50:10:179 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Wake Up Console
22:50:12:257 Warning - VpConsole: No response after several retries for Get Live Sensor Data

Another problem I’ve had for the entire time I’ve had VirtualVP is that it never properly sends the archive data to Cumulus.
It spends about 5 minutes downloading the archive, and then when cumulus opens it says that the archive is empty.

you ideally need to be asking these questions on the Cumulus support forum

The problem is not with Cumulus.
The problem is with VirtualVP.

how are you sure of that?

It could be a Microsoft update problem, you could try to roll back till the day before it started

Because Cumulus runs perfectly fine, right up until VirtualVP has the error, which then causes Cumulus to fail.

Unfortunately the author of VirtualVP is no longer able to support it. If it was working before, doesn’t work now, and has not been changed, then it is most likely that the cause of a problem is a change in some other program, or your OS. Program code doesn’t just stop working by itself.

Hi.

Are you running win 10?
Afte an win10 big update my bitrate was changed to 9800 some how, and ala same issue as you have occured.
Dubble check that bit rate is same on the pc com port in device manager and consol.
Maybe com port is in conflict with somthing else on your pc?

Just an idea.

Check to make sure Windows 10 isn’t turning off your usb or comm port to save power.

Make sure you turn off automatically update drivers in windows 10. Link on how to: http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

Take a look at this post: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=27910.25