'Idesign Simplicity' Template by Brian Underdown

Looks like Brian has setup the api in weather display now to support home weather template. Awesome.

Paul

yes
just needs some fine tuning of what all the data needs to be

Brian (U),

Where does the template get the new air quality data from? Just wondering whether to upgrade, but think my nearest AQI station is about 10 miles away which will probably be totally different.

Paul

The data is from this site http://aqicn.org/

I’m lucky and have a station about half a mile away.

forever answered your question and unless you have a nearby station its not really relevant to your location , im fortunate one is at less than a km two others in 5km range line of sight .

i would upgrade anyway there a host of newer scripts and much smoother design that has been added over the version your using.

1.better moonphase script very slim small piece of code .
2.earthquake module slimmer code and smoother design
3.additional wind icons added in to forecast areas
4.better meteor shower slimmer code smoother appearance
5.charts the code is now 25% slimmer and ready for mysql
6.lots of unwanted code removed that gets added over time and becomes unused for numerous reasons
7.overall a better user experience , better performance overall
8.api use only no direct website scraping which can really impact the performance of your site.
9.php 7.2 ready and reguarly crossed checked with beta releases
10.Upcoming Firefox Quantum browser fixed a few niggling css quirks (Quantum is an awesome browser makes chrome feel ever more like internet explorer…i.e not bloated)
11.homepage is less than 500k loaded and on average depending on what options are loaded up its less 300 lines of code !!

performance matters in many ways :slight_smile: its not about quantity its about quality :slight_smile:

for example the windirection svg icon is actually just one image which is rotated accordingly via css (transform: rotate(xxdeg):wink: so instead loading up multiple images for directions we just load one and rotate it so the same svg icon is used for the average direction and the 3 day forecast on the main page . you may be suprised there are very few images loaded at all most it is css/jquery and what images are loaded are minimal at best less than 1kb at worst 3kb i could make them smaller in file size but its a marginal performance boost over loss of quality . no png,gifs,jpg etc are loaded up…result is better loading less image loading time and using svg offers better scaling up or down no jagged or distorted edges :slight_smile:

the list can go on but always main emphasis has been user experience same approach as ever the non enthusiasts will generally understand what there looking at and the station enthusiast will see what data is churning out from there weather station…

as for the weather display API reference it will not happen till november sometime at the earliest im away for a break next week for sometime so i will endeavour to get it done and work with Brian when I come back…

have a nice day…brian…

Brian,

All upgraded to the latest version.

Paul

MADE A LOT OF PROGRESS this morning exchanging numerous emails with Brian so 85% done , mysql is already just need to iron out a few data values and hopefully have it done before I go away for a few weeks . if it doesnt get done im sure it will be all done soon after i get back…

screenshot running of a live api from brians weather station … just a few teethings issues to resolve and thats it …

brian…

Brian(s),

That is great news.

Paul

I have fixed another bug now
so hopefully will be OK now

I’m having trouble with the weather underground api again.

At https://weerstationafferden.nl/pws-1/, the prediction and current situation does not work while the api data are the same, I also miss the wuweatherupdate.txt in jsondata. (the MB version, in Meteobrite is all good)

At https://weerstationafferden.nl/pws/, the prediction and current situation do, while the api data is the same, so here is the wuweatherupdate.txt present in jsondata.

I have Version: Dashboard MB-X5MYSQL

Back up what? Settings?

I want to update from dashboard V3.4-X5(d) to 34-X5 (universal version), not any of the recent standalone versions. Do I just unzip the latest archive download (Weather34-X5ALL.zip) and upload the Weather34-X5 files to the server on top of the existing files? Does that retain my settings?

Or would I be better advised to go for the standalone WD-X5 version?

back up what ever you like
folders/files/settings
you could create a new remote folder too and so keeping your existing folder and settings
(the settings are in the folder)

Hi,

I regularly update to the latest version of the template. I use two folders PWS1 and PWS2. I just install the latest version of the template over the older one. That way I always have the latest version and the one before that.

All you do is download the folder from the home weather website and upload it to your host. You then just need to access the easyweathersetp.php to add in your settings. Within about 15 minutes you will be back up and running.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I hoped it would be that easy!

Now all I have to do is decide which version: since the data source is always going to be clientraw.txt from WD I suppose the WD-X5 standalone version would be best.

Bitsostring,

Brian tried to reply this morning but couldn

Hello just for reference I

[quote author=weatherist34 link=topic=63245.msg528506#msg528506 date=1509809855]
Hello just for reference I

[quote author=pwilman link=topic=63245.msg528504#msg528504 date=1509801323]
Brian tried to reply this morning but couldn

You can ask brian wd to add it onto the end of the API then I can just create the line in the livedata.php and add the extra sensor module … I can

Will need your help so don