'Idesign Simplicity' Template by Brian Underdown

[quote author=Bj

thank you the aim was to make life easy not just for enthusiasts but encourage non enthusiast or at least offer some relatively clean way of actually understanding what there looking at, i guess being involved with software training & working in schools in the past makes you think that way …

as for the website info pages a slow work in progress battling with one hour periods of electric and hours of no electric and running on a generator with no internet . but humor takes away the frustration

aaaah…thanks brian, yes i copy/paste my old lang.no.php file, was missing some translation:
$lang[‘Weatherstationinfo’] = ‘Weather Station Info’;
$lang[‘Webdesigninfo’] = ‘Template Info’;
$lang[‘Contact’] = ‘Contact’;

Working now, Thanks again Brian :slight_smile:

[quote author=Bj

Hi Brian.
In norwegian:
$lang[‘Weatherstationinfo’] = ‘Stasjons Info’;
$lang[‘Webdesigninfo’] = ‘Tema Info’;
$lang[‘Contact’] = ‘Kontakt’;

Also i change im my setup: $weather[“wind_speed”] $clientraw[from 1 to 158]; // =10min avrage wind speed in livedata.php so my lang file now also reflect this.
This change is to reflect the correct “wind” according to the Norwegian meteorologic institute, see under here:
Mapping of wind shows that the direction and strength can vary widely within a short time. Should we say something meaningful about the wind conditions, we need to use average values. Average wind speed and direction during the 10 minutes used when the air to be observed.
The same applies when wind conditions are described in a forecast. When a weather alert on strong breeze, it means that the wind will vary around an average value (12 m / s). It will occur gust significantly stronger than this value and periods of quieter wind conditions.
https://metlex.met.no/wiki/Vind

The nr 1 in WD clientraw means, and are also used by leuven, saratoga templates:
Average windspeed (kts) (rolling average of last 60 readings (updated every second), unless station provides average !!! So actually the nr 1 in wd clientraw do not say anything regarding wind, at least here in europe.
Best to use the 158 “normal 10 min” measure method to be able to compare and nr 2 for current(gust).

But again we are free to choos :wink:

[quote author=Bj

Hi Brian.
Sounds good, but shuld also be a choice in template setup window i recommend.
Like:
Wind setting acc to wd clientraw:

1. Average windspeed (kts) (rolling average of last 60 readings (updated every second), unless station provides average
  2. 10 minute average windspeed (kts), used by meteorological institutes in Europe.

[quote author=Bj

minor update but not important it is based on the request by paul wilman for additional uvindex forecast based on weather underground data , so you have a choice of what you can substitute for not having UV reading capable hardware

https://www.weather34.com/homeweatherstation/index.html

simply choose from the easysetup screen

options
solar.php use if you HAVE UV hardware from weather station
solar1.php use if you do NOT have UV hardware (Ken True Script)
solar2.php use if you do NOT have UV hardware (WU UV Forecast)

thanks to paul for digging it out …

brian

Just installed and using english and noticed the forecast is still in metric? how to change?

can you provide a url so i can take a look at config / cron job , pm if it is a private url

brian

cool write up re the evolution :slight_smile:

I did a re-upload and it sorted thank you!!

Thanks again for bringing the WU UV forecast back into action. Is there anyway to update the css so that the uv forecast circle changes background colour depending on the forecast uv strength. Think it used to do that. No rush at all, and happy not to have if not worth the effort for just me!

Paul

ok steve i did find it earlier you were 5/4 now its 5/9 73’s OM de G7LIJ … :slight_smile:

brian

Hello Paul

sure i can add that on just a small piece of css send it along sometime this week.

brian

Thanks so much Brian. I did start updating the css myself, but wasn’t sure what colours to use to match your palettes.

Paul

thanks brian

thanks its not quite finished yet but it makes interesting reading for some who have been there since day one, i had the original scrap notepad somewhere but seem to have misplaced it .
anyway have you heard anything from company i mentioned last month??

attached it might help…brian

@ Brian,Can you remind me again about that? :wink: