I am sure there was a wee bit of rotation??

Just had this go past, i am sure there was a little rotation, we had 5mm of rain in under 10 minutes too and its now dropped to 20C, it was 26C just before this hit, My wind speed only picked this up as 15mph, something seriously amiss there, this was easily a 30-40mph gust, its as though the anemometer was in much calmer spot, but its attached to the summer house, one is baffled lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FTWrbhmi1E

We have just had a storm come through here, constant sheet lightning & wall to wall thunder, 2.2mm of rain in 9 minutes, wind from 0 to 12 mph with A gust of 28 mph, temp from 25c to 20c in about 10 minutes. The storm is on the Suffolk/Essex border.

teal

I does look to be more than 15 mph, Simon, and looking at the Met Office radar (see attached) there’s a nice storm over your area at the time. :wink:

There isn’t any tornadic activity forecast, evening though there’s a lot of heavy, thundery showers across the UK today. But that doesn’t mean there won’t be any!!.

Perhaps it was just an eddy that swirled on the roof of the summer house? there was roar that sounded like a train
going past, shame ya couldnt hear it over the rain on the conservatory :roll: i just cannot believe my sensor missed it lol