WH2310

Hi
Could someone please let me know what station setup to use for the WH2310 station
Regards

do you have a link to that station type (i.e manufacturer, etc)
the more info you can provide, the better

Its in the supported weather stations at least I think that this might be the same
(the Acu-rite 5 in 1 01025/01035/2032c or similar with USB or Bridge (via separate VIS or Bridge program) the WH4000/WH2310 Tycon/Funk/Froggit and clones Solar+UV station)
Chinese made, uses EasySeather and SmartWeather programs
I tried it on the wh1081 station but could not get it to work, could not open the usb port

I do have support for the WH4000/WH2310 type station
in the windows version
(if you are refering to the windows version, then why have you asked this question in the linux section?)

Hi Brian
I am not referring to the windows version.
Is there any way that this station could be set up for the Linux version, a BIG ask I know.
Regards
John

the full blown GUI WeatherD
or the consolewd version (and for raspberry pi , or ) ?
(the more information provide the better :wink: )

Hi Brian
Thanx for the reply.
Full blown GUI if as Im using it on my home computer.
If you can fit it in that would be great and very much appreciated
OS Linux Mint 17.3
John

do you have this weather station type now do you mean?
and are you or have you used WD linux version?
(the more information you can provide the better)

I have this weather station now because my WH1081 died for some reason.
I looked up the supported weather stations for WD, I didn

on the windows version of WD, WD piggies back on the USB data stream via the windows software that comes with the station
there is no gaurantee I could work out how to trigger the station to send the data…and no gaurantee that I could even get to read that USB on the linux side

if the manufacturer of the station had used the same data protocol as the WH1081 then it would have been easy
but for some reason they keep on changing the USB protocol with every hardware change…

there has not been an update to the Linux version of WD for some time, and this station is relatively new,so I would not have assumed it would be supported

OK thanx Brian guess Ill have to think of something else
Keep up the good work
John

the other thing, I do not even have the Linux version download link on the download page due to a lack of interest
out of interest, how well as the linux version been runnning for you?

I have been running the Linux version without any problems on both 64 & 32 bit, I am now using 32 bit.
Its easy to use and it is a shame that there has been a lack of interest in it.
I will be sorry to see it go.
I appreciate the hard work you and the others have put into WD.
Regards
John

its still available to download, the file is still there
I am hoping that one day the compiler I use will have Linux support added and so then it will be like the current Mac version

Thanx for the reply Brian
I have the site for the download book marked
I will be looking forward to that day
John