Wret hangs on startup

Hi!

I’m having a problem with Wret hanging at 25% CPU usage when it tries to start.
I have installed build 1.2 which I think is the latest.
Not sure where to start looking for a problem since it shows no error messages or anything.

Thanks

/Chris

Hi Chris,

Is this still happening? Are you just trying to open the program, or execute some action with it? Does anything (i.e. the main form) appear?

Tom

Sorry for the delay.

Yes, this is still happening, both when it runs automatically and when I try to start it manually.
Nothing shows, it just hangs as soon as it tries to open.

I’ve tried to find if some file may have gotten corrupted but I haven’t had any luck.

/Chris

So, an update on this.

I couldn’t get it to work so in the end I moved the old WXSIM installation and installed a fresh one from the site, moved over all the forecasts and pertinent files and everything seems to work.

Must have been a corrupted file somewhere but I couldn’t for the life of me find what caused it, despite tinkering with command line stuff to show which files WRET tried to open.

/Chris

I’m glad you got it to work! I’m sorry you had to tinker with it like that. Maybe it was a corrupt file. I just helped another user resolve a (seemingly different) wret problem, which turned out to be a corrupted retini.txt file. Replacing just that one file took care of it.

Tom