1 Wire Relay Board - Remote Operation via Cloud

Hi,

I have version 3.7 of Hobby Board 1 wire reader, a while back the feature to control this remotely was removed from Dropbox being replaced with a cloud account.

Anyone know how to set this up please, clicking in the ‘Setup Cloud Account’ box simply brings up a series of zero’s in the display box.

Cheers

Ian

Seeing the same. Pressing setup with ver 3.7 brings up a box with 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Enable and App monitors status only boxes are greyed out.
Gus

if you already had setup to use the cloud for the WDliveapp then it will connect using those credentials

when you do it the first time, it will be a new data table and so will be all zeros

but in any case, I had not had a chance to finish adding support for this via the cloud

(with only 2 people using it, it has not been a priority)

I have this working now
you will need a new version of the HB1wirerelay
vers 4.3
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/HB1wirereader.zip

you might need to resign into the cloud account (use the same email/pass as before)
and also there is a new remote control app on the google play store (vers 6), which should be available in a few hours, which you also need to re sign into the cloud service (again use the same email and password as before)

its all working here in testing…

been a bit of a mission… the component I was using for the cloud data had a bug and I had to work with the author of that…

Hi Brian,

I have updated to HB1WireReader ver 4.3
Updated HB8wirerelaycontrol to ver 6.0.0 on phone and tablet
Confirmed the setup of my myCloudData account
In HB8wirerelaycontrol app have logged into myCloudData on phone and tablet
Seeing HBrelaydata(256) in myCloudData Tables & Metadata

Pressing Setup/Connect Cloud Account brings up login screen. Type in email and password. Pressing SIGN IN wipes out email and paswword, and login screen remains open. Never get to Enable and select relays for remote control.

WD ver 10.37S bld 15 dated 6/29/16 00:54:17
Win 7

Gus

try download again vers 4.4
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/HB1wirereader.zip
and try to re setup the cloud…

Ver 4.4

Big progress.
Remote input working. Screen display update in about 10 seconds after pressing update. Relay status is updated about 5 seconds after following minute.

App on tablet not showing on/off status (monitoring) of all 8 relays. Not sure if it did or not with DropBox.

Thanks,
Gus

I do not have it where the app will update the relay status of each switch while its running if the swith status was changed manually in the HB1wirereader program
(you would need to restart the app to pick up any changes)
(this did not occur either when using drop box)
I could make it check the status every few seconds though

Feedback of relay status would be good. :smiley:
Thanks,
Gus

ok, vers 7 will be ready to update to in a few hours…
swipe down to get a update of the switches (if you have set HB1wirereader for app to monitor status only), after you have connected for first time

Updated app to ver 7. The monitor status only feedback is working.
Looking good. Will test with thresholds and schedule tomorrow.

Thanks,
Gus

Thanks for working on this Brian.

Gus

When you operate a remote relay and the checkbox then becomes ticked under the appropriate relay, on my setup currently, the relay does not operate until I force it by pressing ‘test’ button.

Is your working OK as in relay operates remotely? (I also don’t have any reference to HB in the tables on myClouddata)

are you sure you are using the latest versions of both programs?
the table is now called CONTACTS

HB1Wire version 4.4
App ver 7

On the mobile app mycloudnet it says ‘please create API key first’ when I press account

you should not have to do anything with your account
neither Gus or I had that problem
so not sure why you have had problems
you could try a new sign up for the cloud service (and delete the apps settings and the mycloudrelaydata.ini where WD is installed (to force HB1wirereader to re sign up to your new cloud account)