Computer failed........

Someone help me - my computer has failed but I have all my WD files and data on the hard drive which is readable. As the computer has failed, I can’t do the “Backup Registry” so how do I set up me new computerr with WD ?

you would need to install WD on the new pc
then copy the WD folder from the old hard drive to the new pc

When I do this, it asks me to subscribe … I know my serial number don’t see an opportunity to enter it.

there is a FAQ on this. Just follow it step by step, and everything should work fine

The FAQ says to back up the registry info on the old computer - That computer has failed, so I can’t. But the hard drive hasn’t failed and I can read it.
I have downloaded the latest version of the WD software and installed it. I then copied the files from the old hard drive into the directory where WD is installed. But when I run it, I get the trial version…
How can I tell it that I am a paid up member - the wdconfig file has my serial number in it !!!

the wdconfig you refer to is a WDL configuration file
just click on the register menu in WD and email me the new code shown there

RRSI@RANXG@ISGHHWN@GWAWAA

Hi
I did say to email the code
but though here is your new code
73F1487ED822B178BFBFF

Thanks - just got to get the rest of the system working now…

OK - got the WD up and running with the new computer, but had to enter new info on the control panel. Surely this info was stored on the files I copied over from the old system ? And the webcam software isn’t working either…

if you had a copy of the wdisplayftp.reg file from the databackup folder then you would just need to double click that on the new pc
(as per the FAQ on how to move WD to a new pc)

Sadly, this file was not there, and webcamcapture.exe won’t start

even if you double click on the wdwebcamcapture.exe ?
are you sure its not in the system tray ?
(make sure that windows is not set to hide icons in the system try (right mouse in the system tray re that setting)

Nope! the webcam capture programme doesn’t start when I double click the icon in the system tray. (I now have three camera icons there, and cannot seem to remove them - Windows 10 ughhhhh)
Beginning to think I ought to delete my installation completely and start again…
If I do that. which files should I keep (in the hope that I will not have to reload all my settings etc.?) And I guess you will have to give me another code.

if you have 3 icons than that means the program is actully running, and you are just starting more versions of the program
what is happening is that for some reason the program is not showing up on screen after you (single left mouse click on the icon in the system tray (do not double click))

Single click did it !!!

Will let you know how things progress from here,

Many (and grateful) thanks

Hi Brian,