Long Range Wireless Repeater - Help/Advice

Hi.

I am looking for some advice and further information from anyone who may have obtained a Long Range Wireless Repeater as I seem to have got myself into something of a mess when it comes to the unit, antennae and whether the hardware will all ‘come together’ and work in the UK. :oops:

Some quick background info;

1. VP2 obtained from the USA well over 7 years ago and the system continues to work fine, the VP2 humidity/temp sensor is now actually housed within a MET-01 Stevenson Screen along with standard sheathed bulbs to obtain a better screen than the rad shield from the VP2. I’m aware of the potential ‘issues’ when it comes to transmission and the system being from the USA, but to be honest given location of the weather station in a remote area of the UK then this wasn’t ever considered an issue and hasn’t been in over 7 years. However, the entire unit needs to be moved to a remote field for optimum environmental monitoring conditions and hence the need for a long range repeater, rather than the standard one.

2. I’ve obtained the antenna’s but due to shipping issues I’m still awaiting the long range wireless unit itself. However, I’ve released that the Omni antenna is, what seems to be, the US version so the 5DBI product ID 7656. However, the YAGI antenna sent seems to be the UK/EU version so with the product ID being 7660OV.

The primary question is; will this create a conflict when it comes to transmitting and equally will the connectors from the antenna fit the connecting points within the long range repeater unit seeing that one of the antennas seems to be the ‘standard’ US version (OMNI), whilst the other (YAGI) is the UK/EU or overseas version?

Any information, whether good news or bad would be very much appreciated as I’m still hopeful that MET-01 Stevenson Screen complete with sheathed bulbs and the VP2 sensor can be relocated, but the whole issue with transmission and connectors and whether the hardware all needs to be of the same origin (IE: whether US or UK/EU) has left me in bit of a mess. Until the long range repeater arrives I wouldn’t be able to see whether the connectors will match up etc.

Many thanks in advance.