Windows 10 putting computer to sleep

Hi, Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the new package keeps putting the computer to sleep after about an hours inactivity, even though I have the settings set to NEVER for sleep which means I am losing data because WD is not being updated every minute. I know I can force WD to get data from the data logger by doing the thing with the log files and restarting WD, but I don’t want to have to do that every time I get in from work or have been out walking the dog for a couple of hours!! I have googled the problem and found a few solutions like going into the advanced settings, restoring plan defaults then re setting to NEVER but nothing seems to work, has anyone here had the same issue and found a solution?
Also when I restart the computer in the mornings the data is dowloaded from the data logger at 30 minute intervals, is there anyway to reduce this? I am using an AERCUS WS 3083 (a fine offset clone) weather station.
Phil

you should be able to change the windows power settings to not go to to sleep
I have windows 10 and I do not have this problem

re the data logger interval on the station, you can set that to 5 minute interval using the software that comes with the station

you should be able to change the windows power settings to not go to to sleep

Thats exactly the problem I have the settings set to NEVER, but it still goes to sleep after about an hour. I have been into "Additional power settings and then “Change settings for this plan” all set to NEVER, but still it sleeps after an hour. I did read somewhere that turning off the screen saver may sort it out, didn’t want to do that but may have to give it a try.

I am looking at replacing this ageing machine so when I do hopefully something built with windows 10 in mind should sort it out, but thats an expensive way to sort what is really just an annoying inconvienience
Phil

Look in advance power settings there will be a window to set a custom power settings, Hard drive, USB ports, screen, CPU, ect. You can setup your power settings. Don’t forget to save when finished.

Hi
I am trying to work out why your computer thinks its inactive as log files are written every minute so hard drive is always running hopefully the post in another thread with the settings in has let you sort it

Been there. Using a cheap windows 10 tablet for Wd and whatever i did for some unknown reason it would go to sleep or shutdown for no rhyme or reason.
Can only tell u what works for me . Don’t let the screen go off. Have it constantly on but with minimum brightness to save energy.
Crazy i know but it works for me after months of angst.

You’d think that with Wd and clientraw constantly on the go then it would never sleep but such is the nature of the beast.

Steve.

Here are my settings, pause it as it goes along so you can adjust yours to match.
These work for all my machines, 1 Windows 10 weather PC, my windows 10 Main PC and my Windows 10 touch screen laptop
None of them go to sleep, the monitors shut down on the PC’s but not the lappy

Hope this helps…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9svU-HddK0

Phil,

I had the same problem with W10. If you search on the forum you should find my post. I think it was budgie in the end who helped by sharing his settings. It took me a few days to nail it, but I did finally get there and now my Lenovo chugs along nicely and hasn’t been to sleep in about a year!

Paul

I do have a youtube video on setting power settings
also I discovered you can turn off the news feed slide show, which interferes with some programs, in the power settings too
http://www.howto-connect.com/windows-10-enabledisable-desktop-background-slide-show/

Thanks for all the replies. When I started this thread I had just installed windows 10 on my windows 7 PC, eventually I gave up and went back to windows 7. That was back in June last year. At christmas we treated ourselves to a new PC with windows 10 pre installed (the old one was getting slow and had other issues ), I set it to “never sleep” and I haven’t had a problem since. An expensive solution? probably, but this should last for a good few years (I hope!!)
Phil