Increase in day and daylight tags

Hi Brian,
This morning my increase in daylight and increase in length of day went wacky.
Taken from my testtags.php:

$changeinday = ‘-00:57:57’; // change in day length since yesterday
$changeindaydec = ‘-219:47’;
$changeindayjun = ‘-201:55’;
($changeinday is %changeinday%)

These had been working fine up til this morning.
Running B9 on win 7

I really didn’t investigate much as I’m off to work…
thanks,
Roger

Hi Brian,
Last night about 11PM I noticed the %changeinday% tag corrected itself after being an hour off most of the day.

$changeinday = ‘00:02:02’; // change in day length since yesterday
$changeindaydec = ‘-219:46’;
$changeindayjun = ‘-201:54’;

I’m still not sure what’s going on with the other two and haven’t found anyone else using them yet.

Roger

I get correct values here for the %changeindaydec% and %changeindayjun% in testing

Hmmmm, I can’t figure what’s happening. the numbers I’m getting don’t seem to correlate to anything meaningful…roughly 10 days-1 hour, I think. I did update to the latest b9 yesterday afternoon but no change. The next chance I get I go back to b320 and see what that brings. I’ve been using those tags for quite a while with good results.
Roger

is your windows time zone set correct?
also check the hour time zone you have set in WD in the solar setup, lat/long max solar settings

All seem good.

Hi Brian,
This morning brings two completely new values for those two tags.

$changeinday = ‘00:03:03’; // change in day length since yesterday
$changeindaydec = ‘29:20’;
$changeindayjun = ‘47:12’;

This looks vaguely familiar from a year or two ago where I had to script in a minus 24 hour (%changeindaydec%) and minus 23 hour (%changeindayjun%) on my webpage to get the correct values. It may have had something to do with getting close to the summer solstice and last year I only used those tags in the winter and fall.

Roger

does anyone else have this particular problem?

Yes, looks like you did post a very similar issue last year Changeinday tag issue - Archived Weather Display Problems - Weather-Watch Forum :?

Thanks niko for doing my homework for me…it’s been a very busy week at work!
Now that WD has gotten away from the 200 + hour daily increases and I’ve started using the php explode command, I’m sure I can script around this until we figure out what’s causing this to happen. Hopefully I’ll find time this weekend.
Roger

I could see if I can duplicate the problem here
i.e by setting my time zones and lat/long to what you have, etc…
post up what you have set for those in WD etc

Brian,
I’ve never set anything and the main switch is off on the solar sensor page as I haven’t a solar sensor. Could that be the problem? Should I turn on the main switch?

As I write this…
You may have answered it. I added the degrees/minutes and 5 hour time difference to GMT to Solar Setup page and tags now seem to function correctly. (main switch still off)

Is this the culprit?
Thanks
Roger

that will be the problem…it does rely on those lat/long setting being set correctly in the solar setup
(for a while now when a new user sets the lat/long in the sunrise/set setup that is transfered auto to the solar setup)

Hi Brian,
All’s well this morning! I had the long/last set on the sunrise/set page but not on the solar setup page.
Thanks so much for all the personal attention.
Roger