Standalone Weather Graphs - LamiaWeather.com

Looks great! I’ve tested and works like a charm!

Just one question. How can I create .csv files for previous months/years?

Thanos

Thanks!

You can do it manually, importing the xxxlg.txt files into excel and save them as .csv. I don’t know if WD has any build-in feature to do that, maybe Brian can assist.

I haven’t looked at the whole script, and I’m no js expert, but since you are using

var items = line.split(',');

to parse the lines, would it work with standard logfiles if that is changed to something like

var items = line.split(/ +/); ?

I’ve noticed that, when I place the mouse cursor over a data point of a graph, the time that appears in the info box, is three hours behind the one that was created! It has probably something to do with the time zone or so.

As of the manual creation of .csv files for the past months/years, most of the main log files have different column format compared to those produced
by WD. Is there(or will be), a way to export .csv files directly from WD? Brian? :roll:

Anyway, I’ll try to do the conversion from excel.

Here’s my test page: http://www.meteothes.gr/weathergraphs/graph.php

Thanos

I’ve got an answer in my mind regarding standard logfiles, but I want to try it first. I believe the code to be used, should be more like

var items = line.split(' ');

but I need to check if parsing .txt files doesn’t add the comma separator. Your code accepts any character as separator, I am not so sure that it will work (I am not a JS expert in no way, so I might be talking crap).

Check the new build on Github, I’ve changed the UTC thing so Time should be localized again. Thanks for pointing this out, I’ve completely forgotten about it. Seems to be working properly on my page :wink:

That will split on a single space, but you may find that WD’s logfiles have multiple spaces between some values which will upset the parsing. That’s why I suggested splitting with that regex code that should correctly handle any number of spaces.

Well, that did the trick! Thanks!
Now, I’ll try to convert past months/years log files, to create graphs for the full weather station history (since 2005).

Thanos

Update notice:

• A few bug fixes in plotting the charts. The solar graph should work properly now (it was not plotting at all before).
  • I have added a small box below the graph, which shows the Max and Min values of the Y-axis. That means the High and Low temperature for the Temp graph, high and low baro for the barometer graph etc.
    The box can be moved easily, simply give the, id="details" in the div you wish to display it on. Of course you can add any HTML class to the box to fit it in your page design
    In case you don’t want the box to appear at all, disable it in the settings (refer to the Wiki on the script’s GitHub page for more details about customizing it).
  • A few cosmetic tweaks, page’s title changes on new chart plot.

Screenshots

Default version

[i]LamiaWeather.com version[/i]

LamiaWeather.com version , translated into Greek

[center]
Script is available on GitHub , and you can see it on this live demo page. [/center]

Excellent job, I’m gonna test it this evening and let you know how it goes! I’ve already prepared a webpage to add it in my weather site! :slight_smile:

Is there an easy way to create 10 minutes .csv files for past months? WD doesn’t have an option to create them so far!

I asked Brian if he can create one, but no answer till now…

Thanos

I guess I could add that ability to WD

Thanks for your comments. You can directly contact me via email if you face any problem with the script. Get it from my webpage :wink:

I am sure Brian can work his magic and add that ability to WD.

Well, the new changes are working fine!

Brian, It should be great if you can add this csv creation feature in WD, because that script is very useful to get a straight and clear image of the weather station with a click!

Thanos

I have added this now to the latest .zip update
see under
action
import logfiles from other software
then convert WD logfiles to csv
then tick the 10 minute csv option
then select the normal logfile to convert, and click on convert

Thanks Brian for the fast response! The new csv conversion feature is working fine! :smiley:

Already converted current year’s months so far! Have a look here: http://www.meteothes.gr/wxweathergraph.php

Great support!

Thanos

good stuff :slight_smile:

Wow Brian, you are absolutely great!

I will add the instructions on how to convert logfiles in the wiki page on GitHub.

Thanks for the support, you are the best :slight_smile:

By the way, page looks great Thano.

Update to v1.5

This script got a huge revamp based on feedback and of course on personal desires.
I have changed the details box below the graphs so now you can get a nice little statistical analysis based on the data you have collected. Pretty much every graph has it’s own unique analysis (except the Solar power). You still need to enter your area’s Climate data in the appropriate file for the comparisons to work properly.
Also the original code was re-written and the graphs are plotting faster now.

Screenshots:

[center]Temp with details on

Rain with details on

Gust Speed with details on

[/center]

You can watch it live on my webpage and download the script from GitHub.
Read the Wiki there, the instructions are very detailed.
For any other questions or feedback, do not hesitate to post here.

Big thanks to atsio (aka meteothes.gr), for beta testing the script all those months.

Hello, how do I make the automatic upload by WD of the two files that serve? you can do it automatically for each month or you have to change it?
Thank you

Check the wiki: https://github.com/Virtuosofriend/weathergraphs/wiki

Right before the configuration section, I have posted some instructions on how to do it using an external program. I haven’t tried before to do auto-upload with WD ftp function.

To me it does not work and I do not know why. What can it be?
Thank you

www.meteosantangelo.it/grafici/graph.php