Update ir cloud sensor + UV-solar plus rain sensor-light sensor

Hi everybody

Sometime ago I was trying to make a add-on module to the existing infrared cloud temperature sensor, I added UV sensor plus solar

When I try to mount the ceramic rain sensor During the process I broke it :roll:

Plus they were out of stock then suddenly could not get hold of any more A few weeks ago I managed to get a Good Supply of the ceramic sensors :smiley:

I am just in the process of finishing off the rain sensor light sensor add on .

Please see images so far
Will update website with info on completion

rainlightaddon.jpg

rainlightaddonlid2.jpg

Hi Mick, if i have read this right, this is a 1-wire; rain, solar and UV sensor?

How does it measure the rain, does it measure the amount in mm or is it like the rain duration sensor?

The solar/cloud part, does that work at night too?

My solar glass in a jar (actually in a light bulb) works during the day and works for night time too :slight_smile:

But as i said before, i am going to be looking at building up a 1-wire setup even if its just for the
temp (poss humidity too), solar (inc night time) and UV, if the above sensor is RD too then this
could be an ideal starting point along side the temp/hum sensor…

Hi

The ceramic rain sensors works like the rain duration sensor , but even better it as got a temperature sensor on the under side which controls the heater

The ir cloud sensor will go down to -30c when the sky is crystal clear

-10 to -27

Sounds like a great bit of kit, even more so as its standalone :slight_smile:

So WD can read the logfile for all the sensors, RD included? Are you thinking of selling them?

Are you thinking of selling them?

No , everything’s is on my webpage on how to make them

Will update my webpage with more tips on how to. make them

Wd reads the log file , for uv - solar and the ir as a night time cloud sensor

Hi

Update

The rain and light sensor mod , are now working