and I have also added support for home weather station api

Sounds good!

ready to test:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

working good here
set the data logger on under control panel, data logger
then exit WD
then wait say 10 minutes
start up WD and it should get those missing 10 minutes of data OK on start up :wink:

Just tried the updated exe and it works great. Checked the log file and all the missed data was there. Great job!!!

I should be getting an Air unit is a couple days. I’ll report back with how well WD does with it.

kewl
I think they are sending me one too
in theory WD should pick up the data OK

we have heavy rain here and cool conditions and are just below the cloud base
weatherflow is reporting 100% humidity
but davis only 96% (a more recent version of the temp/hum sensor might report higher?)
100% is probably a bit high, as we are not in the clouds (close though)…take that back, just saw a cloud float past

both sensors are in a stevenson screen

My feeling is that the WF sensor reads a little high in very high humidity conditions but then even in heavy fog my Davis almost never reads 100%

My WeatherFlow Air should be here in Monday! I have a second installation of WD all ready for it. Is there anything special I should know about when setting it up or anything? How do you guys like it?

-Dave

it should be a simple case of selecting the weather flow station type in WD and entering the station ID (which you can find from the weather flow app, in the status, under settings)

Just make sure you place it in the shade.

Yes, I have a spot in the shade for it, thanks!

Brian,

I received my field testers Sky unit and have it installed. It appears that WD is using the 1 minute average for the wind speed and gust as it is only updating what appears to be once per minute. The app updates every 3 seconds. Also, I am not getting any solar or UV readings. Maybe I just don’t have WD configured correctly or???

You can see it on-line at http://nfmweather.com/weather2/

well, you are the first person
I would be surprised if I had it all correct

I will need to work with you on getting this working better
email me…

I’ll put this little tidbit out there since I have gotten a “field test” Sky unit that I installed yesterday. Most impressed with the sensitivity of the wind speed and direction.

This morning I was checking things out and my Davis Vue wind speed readings were 0 but the Sky unit was recording between 0.4 and 1.5MPH. I went outside and couldn’t feel any breeze and I didn’t notice any leaves or branches moving on the trees. Just figured that the firmware on the Sky unit may need some tweaking, this is a beta unit after all. Before I went back inside I lit a piece of paper and the smoke was not going straight up but was actually moving very slowly north to south. Impressed that it is picking up wind speeds and direction under 1MPH and it updates every 3 seconds! Below is a graph from that time. It shows Gust, 1 minute average and lull (slowest speed over a 3 second period).

Very cool! Can’t wait to receive mine!

I have made some improvements to the latest WD update now

Do you know a date when Sky is out of NDA… I would love to try your template with my WeatherFlow Air (Received the air and hub yesterday)

you can use WD to send the api data to the template from your weatherflow station

hello I have no idea Sky unit could be a few months or weeks I really don’t know . as much as I can say but guarantee its rather unique and will be worth waiting for.

when both units are readily available you can use the template just by adding your weatherflow station ID, i have a app developer key that i got the go ahead to use publicly this week that can be used
and will be coded into the template and anyone with a station ID set to public viewing can use it. so no third party software needed it will just pull of the api ,however using the weather display software will give you some optional choices like historical data , daily charts etc so may be advantageous to use WD…

hang in there I have had loads of requests last two weeks but just using the air model on its own doesnt look very interesting as the wind,rain,uv,solar etc is non existent so it looks rather empty but throw in the sky unit and it all looks normal.

how do you find the temperature sensor readings in the air model , also I have a tip for increasing the lightning sensor range im getting aprox 120km !! based on observations last 6 months since i starting using it and after the mod i saw a greater range, but i need to speak to David about this I don’t want to infringe on any development and cause any issues.

brian