New up and coming weather station, 'Weather Flow'

Maybe because there are no resonable priced stations what do it?
You would be suprised how big the area where <-40C are possible actually is. In such areas are also official stations usually quite rare what would do PWS’es even more intresting.

Such sensors, just like robust wind-thingys would not need to be as default but as option on any resonable station/brand, like Davis, Peet Bros etc. But nope.

that -40C cut off is not exactly that is does not work below that
i.e its just that below that, the accuracy is not the same as above that?

There’s a bigger issue too. The station/sensor manufacturers are limited by the available operating and storage temperature ratings of the other components too. If they buy “Commercial” grade chips which are rated for 0

Was the receiver hardened against EMP too, or are they not allowed to tell you?

Comes it with its own tank i believe :lol:

Finally it arrived this morning hopefully tomorrow will install it and get to grips with it . Hankster will drop you pm sometime over the weekend . Brian

I was all excited yesterday, finally a thunder storm, we do not get them very often any more, so I fired up my WeatrherFlow app and not a single lightning strike was detected. Has this feature worked for anyone else? They seem to be having problems getting everything working, no telling when Sky will be released.

Mines working fine also received notification on iPad

See top right http://boutiquehotelitaly.com/devpws/

Mine has been going nuts for the last few hours I can see the lightning out across the sea there getting closer .

Works fine for me. Here is my graph from a couple days ago.

good afternoon

just a basic information page will update as time and more products become available to use and become readily available . https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/weatherflow.html

and brian i trust you saw the API / Websocket info page was updated at weatherflow developer area.

brian

Hi, no, I missed that they had updated the web socket info
still only 1 minute update rate?..ah, in reading more, you can request to listen for 3 second wind update…cool

I got the new web socket api working in testing here :slight_smile:
(which means WD will get the data from the station as soon as its updated (and as fast as 3 seconds for windspeed). This is good :slight_smile:

This is good!

download a new WD .zip update (from the download page)
which includes a new cronweatherflow version, which now gets the data via web socket , i.e so the data updates as soon as the sensor gets new data , sort of thing:)
(the update rate setting in WD will remove now)

Updated, will let you know how it goes.

What is the rate that each of the sensors transmit data? I know you said the wind could be as fast as 3 seconds, what about the others?

Also, since you made changes to the cron before I haven’t had a problem with it crashing.

it looks to be around every minute for the other sensors?
there is no wind sensors yet to make sure it works but I have the code in place, so it should do

Thanks, at some point we are suppose to be able to adjust the update rates on the hardware so we’ll just have to wait until that feature is activated.

re your flaky internet connection, not sure what will happen if the connection is lost and then re-established re the socket connection (i.e might need to re connect)
(there might be an error message )

I’ll let you know if there are any problems.