New up and coming weather station, 'Weather Flow'

Hi,

I would use my Davis VantageVue as my primary weatherstation for publishing data on my website.
Would it be possible to use the data for solar, UV and outside temperatue (at 10 cm ) from the Weatherflow weatherstation for publishing on that same website.

TIA

yes, I should be able to do that

Latest update:

Increased telemetry range: One of the big benefits of re-engineering our weather stations (at the expense of delay) was a dramatic improvement in wireless range. In recent testing, our new AIR & hub maintained a good signal at a distance over 1000 meters ! (3280 feet) in clear line-of-sight conditions

Field test update: We

good stuff :slight_smile:

Hope to get a pre-order going next month for the Air and the Sky units. I’ll operate them in parallel with my existing sensors to see if they track well. I’ll compare the Sky against my R.M young 05103, The Sky Haptic rain sensor against a oldie but goodie Handar 8" tipping bucket, the Air temp/humidity against a Vaisala temp/humidity transmitter. My Pyranometer quit on me over a year ago, and at a replacement cost of $170.00 or so wasn’t worth it. I believe the lightning detection is a AS3935 lightning detector chip or similar used in an Acccurite pocket detector (about $30.00 on Amazon (mine works pretty well and also a detect range of about 25 miles, so probably basically the same thing).

As a field tester I intend to closely compare WeatherFlow against my tried and true Vantage Pro. Will I be able to collect data from both weather stations using 1 instance of WeatherDisplay or will I need to purchase a second license?

My current VP 2 wind speed/direction unit is mounted on the roof. The transmitter is mounted next to a window so I can change the battery without getting on the roof. I wish the Weather Flow worked in the same manner. At my age, I don’t like roofs. :smiley:

you can install a second version of WD onto the same pc and create a 2wd.txt file there and run it there as a separate version OK (and use the same reg code)

The WeatherFlow Air should be shipping shortly for field testers. Air to follow in a few weeks.

Brian, you have WD ready for WeatherFlow data? I’ll need to run two instances of WD so I can collect from WF and Davis.

yes, its ready

Hi Brian,
I’m on the Field test as well and just completed the pre-shipping Questionnaire - let me know if you need any feedback/testing etc.

Cheers,
Mike.

Hi
well I am hoping they are going to send me a test unit too, but I have not heard

Can’t imagine them not sending you one, its in their interest as well.

Would have been nice though if they also gave a bit more info about the API…

http://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/

Try scrolling down and clicking API…

I was supplied with api :slight_smile:
It is similar in some ways into how netatmo works

Nice, but why do they include “API info link” on their website if it is dead. Obviously there will also not be any support from other SW/templates with the exception of those to whom they sent it. Based on that I assume they are not interested. If the API was there, I could look if I could add support for it. It is not and in the end, it saves me time and work, but others could benefit from it. I personally dont really care.

Its prob just a mistake, forgot to add the link, it happens

https://help.weatherflow.com/hc/en-us/articles/206504408-Using-WeatherFlow-data-in-my-applications

Did you ask them for info on the API? Since the unit is not even released they may be waiting until it is shipping.

Did Netatmo or Bloomsky (or any other manufacturer) publicly release their API info before released?

No I did not ask them but:

1. if it is not available, then it shouldnt even be mentioned on the page (ok, maybe mistake)
  2. it is a good idea to release the API beforehand. Just like I did with Meteotemplate for example. You always want to give developers time to implement it so that once it is released, users can start using it.
    Just think about it, if I released a new version of my template and release info about the API at the same time, then for some time no-one would be able to use it anyway because nothing would be compatible with it. It is just like with anything else. Intel for example gives their new processors to manufacturers well in advance so that they can prepare drivers for it and put it into their new HW. And then once Intel oficially reveals it, people dont have to wait months before it gets to market.

I removed a bunch of off topic and uncivilised messages. Some others might have been lost in the cull. Sorry if your message got zapped in the process.