Update interval for SteelGauges (PI version)

Hi Brian and all,

I'm creating a new web page for my meteo station using SteelGauges as an alternative to WDL. 

Is there any way to force tha data to be updated more often that 5 minutes? In WDL I can update the page once per minute, but customclientraw.txt for SteelGauges only updates every 5 minutes.
I’m using the latest Raspberry PI version.

Thanks for your help! Mauro

do you mean in the steel gauge .html settings or for consolewd update rate, or?

I mean the consolewd update rate. I’ve tried the “Customclientraw update rate” setting in config.txt, but it doesn’t change anything (the file is always updated every 5 minutes on the ftp).

Thanks! Mauro

Any comment on that? Is it possile to achieve a wdisplay update rate better than 5 minutes for Customclientraw? (one minute would be great).

Thank you, Mauro

HI
I would have thought it would be updating faster than every 5 minutes
using the setting
are you refering to the actual file in the webfiles folder or on the web site (i.e the file that is FTP?)

I’ve just checked that and the local file customclientraw.txt on the raspberry pi is updated more otfen, but it’s uploaded on the FTP only every 5 minutes, this one problem.

Local file seems to be updated every 3 minutes, FTP every 5 minutes. I’m not really sure if those timers are controlled by some settings that I miss or they are hardcoded in the executable. My idea was to have the customclientraw.txt updated on the FTP every minute or so, exactly the same as it happens with the clientraw.txt.

Thanks, Mauro

Any idea? I’m still stuck on that :frowning: no way to get the customclientraw.txt uploaded to ftp more often that 5 minutes regardles of the settings in config.txt

Thank you! Mauro

its likely to be a ratio
but normally that is OK when you have the clientraw upload set to say every 5 seconds…so that then the customclientraw would be every 15 seconds in that case, sort of thing
(instead of every 3 minutes)

what is the interval you have set in the config?

Uhmm, clientraw is set to one minute, so the ratio in this case is 1/5 since the customclientraw is updated every 5 minutes. 60 second is the shortest update interval for clientraw, so I cannot lower it.

The result is that with weather display live the newdata is refreshed every 1 minute and with steel gauges it’s refreshed every 5 minute. that’s the point, i would like to have the same uopdate rate also in steel gauges.

Thanks, Mauro

you should be able to set the clientraw update rate to lower than 60 seconds
why do you say you can not lower that?

Brian, on the raspberry I tried several times and even setting the clientraw update interval to values lower than 60 seconds it remains 60 seconds. Not sure why, but I’m not able to set intervals less than one minute. Can you double check this issue? Is it a problem on my installation or there is a bug on that?

Thanks, Mauro

Hi
I will check on this later today or tomorrow
(I am out all day today, showing a Spanish AFS student we have some sights in the city) :slight_smile:

question:
do you have a raspberry III or I (or II)?

the ftp upload rate is set in the console.ini settings file
as
[customclientraw]
updaterate=

what do you have that set as?

I looked at the wdconsole.ini and the value is set to 5:

[customclientraw]
updaterate=5

But, I’m quite confused… can I edit the consolewd.ini? I tought it was automatically generated with the data from config.txt? Isn’t it? Also it has some historical data (records, etc…) in it.

yes and no…
with that setting set at 5 seconds, then it should be updating at 5x slower than the clientraw.txt file update rate
i.e if the clientraw.txt file is set for 1 second, then it should update every 5 seconds
sort of thing

More info… definitely seems there is a problem here. This is the config.txt setting:

Do custom clientraw=Y //For updating customclientraw for steel gauges (set to Y for yes, N for no) (every 5 minutes)
Customclientraw update rate=60 //seconds

If I put 60 (it says it’s in seconds) the setting in wdconsole.ini is 60, but the file is not uploaded every minute… f I specify 1 in the config.txt the wdconsole.ini is written with the value of 5 and the customclientraw is uploaded every 5 minutes. So… something is wrong here, maybe some confusion between minute and seconds in the settings.

Finally, any settings I insert in config.txt the customclientraw is updated every 5 minutes… no more, no less.

Oh, I tried with both rpi II and III.

Thanks, Mauro

I checked the code, and those values are being used as seconds
and not minutes
what weather station type?

The settings in config.txt says it’s the interval in seconds, not a multiplier to slow down the customclientraw, so this is quite confusing :?.
If I put that setting to 1 it should be uploaded by ftp at the same interval than clientraw, but this is not happening.

Also, clientraw.txt upload interval, minimum is 1 minute defined by FTP time interval=60, any value less than 60 it’s always uploaded every one minute and this can be ok.

Weather station is Lacrosse ws2300.

Mauro

I will do some more checking of the code
and add some debug code
which pi version are you using?