New 1-Wire Barometer option needed

Oops. Wrong capture. Here’s the right one.

CaptureDD.JPG

I see now that I have the indoor temperature wrong
I was using the humidex value
I will get a new update out
(one problem is that my Davis console reads a bit high as I have the back light on)

Good catch. Standing by.

use vers 4.1
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/HB1wirereader.zip

David sent me a OW-server ethernet
so that I could see what the values should be

temperature and humidity match those

I now have the barometer matching that too (no need to apply such a big offset now) , and having it showing to 2 decimal places (its very sensitive sensor)
I have that corresponding well…not sure if exactly correct…for that extra decimal place.very close…maybe .03 out…lots of bit wise manipulation was needed…tracks as expected…I might be able to perfect more yet

any bitwise experts out there, in what bitwise manipulation needed on the 3 values as per the attached chart
(the data is over lapping and shifted by 4 bit to get the 2 decimal place data)

baro.png

HB 1 Wire reader V 4.1 loaded. Nothing strange so far. I see you’ve introduced lux sensor data now. Might be useful somewhere down the road.

I have the barometer working correctly now…with help from David
download a new update again (same URL)
will see about getting the lux to work correctly (that data does not flow to WD at this stage)

Brian,
Prior to this last update, the all-in-one barometer was dead nuts on compared to a Hobby Boards baro I have (all day). What’s new and improved? I did install the latest HB 1 Wire Reader though.

it was not quite correct, the calculation I had, believe me
just another update, where the LUX should be working OK now

Latest update installed. All continues to look well. LUX sensor is very responsive based on the amount of light I allow it to receive. It looks like the minimum value is 0 for total darkness. What’s the theoretical max the sensor will report? Also, will you add a LUX reading on the main page? It seems to be a nice solution to a problem which hasn’t be identified yet.

putting the device in full sunlight to get sun reading would mean the indoor temperature would be useless

No argument here. I intend to mount the all-in-one sensor in a centrally located hallway next to the house thermostat. No chance of sunlight hitting it. Just ambient light levels rising and falling over the course of a day. It would be a “fun” item to monitor (as us geeks like to do) but absolutely not a necessity. So is this sensor 100% good to go now for mass consumption or should we run it for a week just to be sure?

I could make a custom tag for that lux reading

yes its ready for someone else to use

Brian,

You’re a hoot. I’m sure someONE else will find this to be a nifty sensor. Thanks so much for your indulgence on this project. Greatly appreciated. When you’re done adding the custom tag, please let me know where it can be found.

I have added %OW-ENV-THPLlux% custom tag to the latest .zip update (which includes the latest HB1wirereader program to get that tag data to WD)

I now need to spend my efforts on the wdxmlwarning program and also adding remote control to the 1wreader program

Brian,

Everything seems to be working, and playing together nicely. The light sensor is cool. It’s no longer a subjective decision when to turn my lights on. At LUX 38, they’re on! Thanks again.

The maximum light reading for the OW-ENV-THPL is 65,535 Lux.

Thanks David.

with it being winter here, I have not been able to test in very good natural light readings, LOL (only in direct sunlight coming in through the window)
been a bit of a mission but we did get there, David sending that OW server really helped

Kudos to both you and David. The all-in-one sensor continues to report steady and accurate data.