Data Logger 5 min interval not updating

Hi, I recently went away for 5 days and changed the data logger to 5 minute intervals as well as pad out also to 5 minutes so the Vantage pro would record. This didn’t happen at all on restarting 5 days later. Weatherlink worked 100% and after 10 minutes of waiting, had to cancel and WD lost all this data. I have found that WD only works well with 1 minute intervals recently. Has anything changed at all? ver 10.37S6. I have the same problem over the December period (away for 2 weeks) where I put the data logger on for 15 minute intervals. Thanks

you do not need to set the data pad out to 5 minutes

had to cancel and WD lost all this data
that is not the case you can set the time/date to get the missing data, in the data logger setup, to try again, and then restart WD and I would try doing that restart on a 5 minute time (e.g 5 minutes past the hour)

Hi Brian, I did set the time/date to get the missing data, in the data logger setup, and then restart WD but the ‘buffer’ had already been cleared when I changed from 5 minutes back to 1 minute. I have managed to do the Davis .wlp logfile import setup and it did update the WD logfile. I have noticed that when this file is imported, the ytd , month td rain figures do not update on WD and this has to be done manually. Any reason for this? The restart on 5 minutes past the hour: is this the reset time you say should be 5 minutes instead of 0 for midnight?
Also, changing the logging interval from 1 to say 5 minutes, it does say to ‘set to the same as the logging interval’.

what I meant by 5 minutes past the hour was just an example of when to do the import if 5 minute logging
it could also be 10 minutes past the hour to do that…was just an idea to try
I will do some testing here of using 5 minute interval over the next few days

Thanks for your help

Hi Brian, I have just been away for 4 days and put the data logger onto a 5 minute interval. On restarting WD still does not get the data from 4 days previous. I even told WD to get the data from the previous date and it also didn’t work. I have to eventually import the Davis .wlk file to get all the data through. It seems that the data only works with 1 min intervals. Regards

humm
I have not had a chance to test this yet
but did you try starting WD on the 5 minute time interval?

Yes I did. I put WD on 5 min interval, restarted and rebooted and it worked fine after that after 10 minutes, switched off again for an hour and restarted and all was fine. Then switched computer off for 4 days and it didn’t get the data.Regards

so it works OK for short periods…but not long periods
I have set my VP to 5 minute interval now and will let it build up data for a few days and then test

Ok thanks. do you want me to send a copy of the logfiles?

a test of 3 hours worked OK…that’s the first test passed
will see how overnight data goes in the morning

The same problem five minutes from the interval, so that the test and let then know.

7 hours of overnight data works OK
(one thing I notice is I do need to advance the first progress bar faster if using 5 minute interval(

@ Matrix
not really sure what you are are trying to say here?

perhaps it should be tried after one full day. what do you mean, I need to advance the first progress bar faster? Is there something then that should be done every time it happens?

24 hours of data worked OK here in testing
will test more over coming days

Brian, it’s okay, I used the last wd update a central set for 10 minutes and it seems that everything works.

I have tested now 2.5 day download at 5 minute interval and that works OK
@matrix: there has been no changes made to WD in this area so your problem is not related to any WD version and is instead some other issue

It’s quite possible, but mainly it all ok.

Have tested 3 days data extraction at 5 minute interval and its working OK here

Ok thanks. is there something then that I’m doing wrong then? when I change from 1 minute to 5 it then asks me to clear the archive memory and one dosent have an option but to say yes. Would this be the problem then that the archive memory is cleared and WD cant find anything after that?