Meteotemplate - new free website template

Hi
i just downloaded the twitterFeed block. Shoud there be a settings.php file with it? because I don’t see one
Phil

The settings works normally, I just checked it.

Hi guys,
I have created a new plugin. I actually think it is an extremely useful one and hard to believe I haven

The settings works normally, I just checked it.

When I download the block there is no settings.php in the directory, there is Cache file, icons file, OAuth.php, twitter.class.php, Twitter.php, twitterFeedBlock.php and twitterFeedConfig.txt
Am I looking in the wrong place?

Liking the new deviations plugin :slight_smile: Only issue is when I try to add it to the station menu tab it messes up the layout, how do I add another column to that menu to keep it neat looking?

Phil, there isnt supposed to be any settings.php, settings is done via the settings section.

I explained this in detail in my email regarding the version update and it is also described in detail in the wiki:

http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/wiki/wikiHomepage.php

Please read the wiki, I always try to explain everything there. The block settings changed, you no longer use any settings.php in any of the blocks, those files are now created automatically using the GUI in the admin section.

Sorry, I should have re read the wiki. :oops:

It is OK… you are like the majority of people :wink: This is something you learn very quickly as a developer, people usually don’t read, they assume :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You must have been replying as I was adding to my previous post I was asking how to add another column to the station menu tab, as with the new deviations plugin I need an extra column to fit everything in.
Phil

Just create another cell in the table. The weather station tab is like a one-row table, so by adding a new cell () it will create a new column to the right.

It might help you to see what I mean if you view the source of the demo page, copy the HTML, paste it in Notepad++ and then look at the code. If you cant figure it out, email me your menu.php with exact instructions where you want to add what.

Jachym

Hi guys,

I have made another block, which uses your station data. It shows you the trends for various parameters for the selected period (1h, 3h, … month).

The trend is shown as a smoothened line graph and the overall regression value of trend is given. The block uses Ajax for updating, so no need to reload anything.

Just upload to your blocks directory. It will automatically appear in your admin blocks settings, but there will not be any “settings” link, only the version check, because this block requires no set up.

Best regards

Enjoy

http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/blocks.php

Hi
I have sorted the menu out, thanks for the advice. I have also got the twitter block installed but am getting the message

Error: Could not authenticate you

I have got all the keys and copy and pasted to the relevant boxes in the settings. On my twitter application details page I am not sure if the issue is here

App-only authentication https://api.twitter.com/oauth2/token Request token URL https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token Authorize URL https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize Access token URL https://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token

As it mentions oauth2

Phil

Phil follow the instructions for the plugin installation. You need 4 different keys that you paste in the plugin setup.

trend block looks cool
that is using the power and flexibility and speed and ease of use of a mysql database :slight_smile:

Phil follow the instructions for the plugin installation. You need 4 different keys that you paste in the plugin setup.

I have all four keys copied and pasted into the settings, and my user name “magical46” in both user name boxes.

Brian: Thanks. Yes… mySQL is an extremely powerful tool, which is also why despite the fact I quite liked Wim’s and Ken’s template, I rather tried to create my own template, because I love stats…

Phil: It is hard to tell what exactly is wrong. The script as such works fine, there must be a problem in the way you filled in these. But it is difficult for me to somehow check this. There should be a settings.php file created in the block folder now, created by the GUI page for block settings. Try opening that file with a text editor, just to make sure that it inserted the correct parameters. Let me know if it helped. If not, then the only way I can probably help you is if you send me the client ID and secret and the other two parameters and I would use your login to test it. Because it works for me and you are the first person who has problems with this. I could also eliminate the possibility of server issue. If it works on my then we know there is a problem with your server, not the actual login information.

Hi

I can not get any data in to the database

Have set up a block on the home page and is using clientraw.txt

Do not know anything about setings for corn

Sorry Jachym I know you have help me by setting up the corn

How do I get the data to automatically update the database
http://www.weather-above.com/meteotemplate/indexDesktop.php

Hi Michael,

as I told you I can help you but I need you to do the following:

• make sure there is clientraw.txt regularly being updated and uploaded somewhere to your server - guys here can help you how to set up WD
  • then you can choose if your webhosting provider offers CRON jobs, or you can use one of the free external ones. Again, I am more than happy to help you with setting it up, but you would just have to create a profile at cron-jobs.org and send me your login details

But the most important thing is the clientraw. I need a URL of clientraw.txt that is regularly updated by WD to your server.

EDIT:
OK never mind, I see you have it there already. OK, I will create the table again and set everything up. All I need you to do is:

1. Go to cron-jobs.org
  2. Create a profile
  3. Send me your login details

And I will then set all the rest and you do not need to worry about it.

I have a corn running for the lightning sensor to send data the there server
Some one else set this up for me

Does the web server run the corn stuf,

1. Go to cron-jobs.org
  2. Create a profile

Is this how all corn jobs work
Sorry I didn’t understand that I needed to set up profile on cron- jobs.org

Will setup one thanks for your patience
And amazing help
Thanks

NP Michael,

yes you could set up a CRON job from your cPanel, the problem is that there are thousands of files in your root directory and overall the cPanel is quite heavy for the RAM and at work I cannot access it because of the firewall we have there. So that is why I said I can do it for you, but I would have to use the external service.

But it really makes no difference.

Think of it this way:

A CRON job is like a bot, which periodically opens the URL you give it.

So, the updating script is basically a script, which updates your database, sends data from clientraw to the MySQL. And the CRON job is this bot that runs this script every (in this case ideally 1 minute) and thus triggers the update. And it makes no difference if this bot is run from your own server (cPanel) or if it is a bot from cron-jobs.org. You can even do the update yourself by simply entering the update URL with the corresponding password and that way you will trigger it by executing it. The problem is obviously that you are not going to do this yourself every minute :smiley:

It is now almost 2AM, but if you send me the login within like 20-30 minutes I would try to set it up for you tonight. Otherwise I would do it tomorrow ASAP. Just email me your login and pass for cron-jobs.org.