Wunderground settings

Due to a very recent crash of WD I somehow lost my settings.

I copied over the wdisplay.ini file from a recent backup, andeverything looked ok. The only problem was that wunderground was not recieving any data from my station. After searching for help on this I came across a wiki page which says wunderground setup is in the View menu, but it is not, and eventually found it under the Control Panel menu. Anyway it tells you to put your station details and password in the relevant boxes, and to untick ‘do not send any data’. I cannot find that anywhere in the setup page, and even though I have both the Wunderground Rapid Fire Real Time and Main On set to green, wunderground is not yet receiving any data , from either ‘Test a data send’ or ‘View your data’ link.

Can ayone tell me whereabouts the ‘do not send any data’ it is located , and is there anything else I should check or look at.

Thanks

Hi, not sure about “do not send any data” not seen that in version 10.37r b81, but make sure password etc. are all correct. My pc hard drive went down, & I got my password wrong to start with but even I corrected it wunderground did not start receiving data until the next day, also my system was down for 4 days, so not sure if made any difference.

teal.

the internet settings are stored in the wdisplayftp.reg file
you should hopefully have a back up of that in the databackup folder, in the .zip files there
(assuming databack ups were on (they are by default in recent versions)

and then you double click that .reg file to load those settings

also though make sure the main internet switch is on
and also is there a cronWUwd.exe program…that is used to send data

Thanks for the replies, and it seems that the wiki page is outdated now.

I dbl clicked a reg file from before the crash, and now my data is being uploaded. I also dbl clicked the cronWUwd.exe but that did not do anything, and not that I expected it would.

Things seem to be working sort of now. Clicking on view your data, brings up my station ok now but gives the wrong current temperature. I’ll see how it goes over the next day or so.

Thanks again

I am still having the problem with 'my PWS not reporting on WU. I have even created a new station ID, but that doesn’t report either. It must be some setting in WD that I have missed, but no ideas as to what it is.

I sent amessage to WU 2 days ago, but have not had any reply yet.

is there a cronwdwu.exe program in the WD folder
if not, then re install WD

Yes there is a cronwdwu.exe file in the WD root folder.

is the main internet switch on in the connections setup in WD
and is the switch on in the wunderground setup in WD

also is WD getting live data OK from your weather station

if you do a manual send, what then shows in the file, sentwudata.txt

also make sure your firewall or antivirus program is not blocking cronwdwu.exe

also where do you have WD installed?

The main switch is ON, in the WU setup, and also in WD connections.

I have the EastLeeds.htm page uploaded to my site and it is current.

When I do a manual send, in the sentwudata.txt file there is a current date and other data. So it looks like data is been sent to WU??

and there is no error in the sentwudata.txt ?
it should say OK on a line

Yes it does say OK on the last line.

then it should be updating
if you could email me that sentwdwu.txt file

I don’t have a sentwdwu.txt file anywhere in WD, nor on my system. I have looked in the backups and no joy there either.

you were just talking about the file in your posts above
(I had mis spelt the file name in my post , but should have been obvious)

Okay , so what is the correct filename then, or there isn’t one

from your post above

When I do a manual send, in the[color=red] sentwudata.txt[/color] file there is a current date and other data. So it looks like data is been sent to WU??

Yes I did say that, but I also I should have added that it is not showing or reported as being showing. No data since 16.04.2016 on my pws page

yes
but was I was wanting was a copy of that file, that was all

Ok, I’ll send a copy of the sendwudata.txt as a zip file.

Apologies as I could not find where to add a zip file to a pm, so I had to sent the actual text of the said file

Apologies as I could not find where to add a zip file to a pm
but I said though to email it to me, not PM it

also there is no need to .zip the file, its only a .txt file, just include as an attachment