WS-1001 data direct to WD?

Thanks Ruben for the thoughts. I believe the Windows 10 issue is because I think to connect the Win CE device (ie WS-1001) you need “Windows Mobile Device Center” which I found some information that support for this has been depreciated in Win 10?? I think there might be some people who have worked around this (eg https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32052429/how-to-connect-a-windows-mobile-pda-to-windows-10), but in truth if I can get direct access working, it works around this issue, and I can go back to Windows 7 if I need to do a FW upgrade for the device to change things like wireless frequency.

But I am a bit curious if you are aware of Windows 10 people who are connected to the WS-1001 console via USB without all this hassle. Do you know if these people went to the steps above to manually install “Windows Mobile Device Center” or was there a simpler workaround.

BTW, when I plug the device in, the PC beeps with the sound it makes when new device is added, and there is no sign of error. But I also can’t find the device in device manager, and not sure what it should be named or what category it should show up as. I do get a new device called “microsoft” under “Unspecified” category in “Devices and Printers”. If I double click on it, it shows the Hardware as “Microsoft USB Sync” and type “Mobile Devices”. But I can’t see anywhere where this is mounted int he files system that I can browse?? I am guessing this is what I need “Windows Mobile Device Center” for or am I missing something.

Cheers Matthew