WS-1001 data direct to WD?

So is this a bug, the port number must be saved with the close button press. I will revise it tomorrow.

Can you change the destination port on server.ini of the console?

not currently as the usb to the console is not currently connected

Updated: Now I have test that closing program save port numbrer. Also translated “Salir” to “Close”.
http://kona2.alc.upv.es/IPObserverRecMFC.zip

You can test the program with any internet navigator. Simply past on URL the same petition that the Weather Station send to WUnderground:

http://computerIPwhereprogramruns:port(or nothing if is 80)/[i]dontcarethis?ID=IPOBSERVERREC&PASSWORD=IPOBSERVERREC&tempf=58.5&humidity=55&dewptf=42.4&windchillf=58.5&winddir=322&windspeedmph=1.12&windgustmph=2.46&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.00&weeklyrainin=0.00&monthlyrainin=0.00&yearlyrainin=0.00&solarradiation=14.70&UV=0&indoortempf=70.7&indoorhumidity=46&baromin=27.48&lowbatt=0&dateutc=2017-3-21%2018:5:26&softwaretype=Weather%20logger%20V2.2.0&action=updateraw&realtime=1&rtfreq=5 HTTP/1.0

There are several things that could do that the above message doesn’t arrive to the program. I write it in the next post, I need some time to explain (local restrictions, firewall, port binded to other program…).

Ruben

There are several things that could do that the above message doesn’t arrive to the program:

• Local restrictions: Comunicating two aplications on same computer on Windows 10 by network loopack interface are normally restricted by security reasons. Unblocking the apps to allow comunication is not trivial. So if this happens (simply open web browser and put http://127.0.0.1:port/hello), is better to test from other computer on local network (or some mobile connected to same network through WiFi).

• Firewall. First time execute the program, normally Windows Firewall ask you to block or unblock the program. If you allow, it must be able to receive the packets. But if use other Firewall or block the communications, you have to go to the Firewall settings to allow the program.

• Port used by other application. Everey port only could be used by one app. When any server application “listen” to a port, no other program could listen too. I recomend to change the port 80 of the HTTP web connections, because this port is commonly used. It can be checked executing on a command prompt this: netstat -a -o. On second column (local address) appear a list of IP:PORT, and normally a “LISTEN” in the state column. If the port is here, it means that is used by the appliction whos PID is shown in last column. So you can check on Task Manager the application, and close it (I attach and image where can see that Skype is listening port 80). Web server is always listening this port.

I will wait for feedback!
I am sure that this method implementing a “simple web server” is useful to capture packets from any Weather Station that sends data directly to WU because it uses always the same protocol. The only restriction is that the Weather Station must allow to change the IP address where it sends the information that would be by default to rtupdate.weatherundergound… (or something like this).

Ruben

I got an error when trying to unzip (mismatch on central size or something)
can you re zip and re upload?

Try it again.
http://kona2.alc.upv.es/IPObserverRecMFC.zip

I have rezip and copied again, but I have tested before and it for me…

Ruben

that one unzipped OK
it does not receive anything on the system I have access to
but I am not surprised, as I could not get any of the methods that WD supports to work with that station anyway(except via access to wunderground data (using own api key)
this station that I have access to has the original firmware that the station comes with…i.e it has not been updated

Maybe the server.ini on station is pointing to rupdate.wunderground.com and not to you WD computer IP. In this case, no packet is sent to your WD computer.

You can test the methods on your WD simulating the packets that the station would send using a internet browser, same as you can test with my program.

Ruben

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

ah, yes, I had missed that I needed to update that ini file to point to the pc ip
(I had tried initially having set to point to a web server IP to update the php script file their to create the json file…)
I will need to get the usb connected again…will need to ask

Working without problem from almost one month. I will setup a page with the program and a tutorial to configure WD to work with it. I only need some spare time!

I have also to switch between the production “weather station” yet with 1-wire hardware to the “Aercus” one. Could I copy the entire “Weather Station” section in ini file from one computer to the other leaving the rest ini file untouched?

Ruben

Hi
good that this solution is working
I have not had the usb re connected on the remote system I did have access too yet

Well, if someone could consider this interesant:

Tutorial to setup Aercus or Ambient or clones "weather stations " that send data directly to Weather Underground to work with Weather Display.

http://kona2.alc.upv.es/Estacio_Meteorologica/aercusWDsetup.htm

Ruben

very good
is there a link to download your program?
its not obvious? :wink:

It’s right at the bottom of the page http://kona2.alc.upv.es/Estacio_Meteorologica/IPObserverRecMFC.zip

ah, missed that :slight_smile:

Yes, yes, I put on bottom to encourage people to read all before :wink:

PD: I promise to revise the orthography and punctuation… I wrote it very fast and now I am realizing that it has a lot of mistakes.

Question to Ruben Perez
did you do any firmware update on the weather station?
(e.g update the firmware via the SD card) at all?
as I cant get any data to flow to your software direct (or my test program)

I am not sure, I think that I tested if the IP Observer had the last Aercus soft, but the only thing it really needs is the possibility to change destination IP and port for “WU” packets. IP Observer firmware update is done through the “web interface”.

Have you checked port, IP, firewall, etc.? I am supposing that you have changed the IP destination on a “.ini” file on console, isn’t it?

We can do some more test if you put some IP of my computer so I can try to read the packets with debugger, or tool like Wireshark (this better not to talk here, with e-mail :slight_smile: ).

Ruben

yes, I add to ther server.ini file a custom config , and set the IP address as that as the pc
even the easy weather software is not working on the remote pc I have access to (windows xp)