WS-1001 data direct to WD?

Hello Brian,

I have just tested on another hosting account, trail basis, the template was even slower to refresh, so im back on my
current sever.

It appears to be a bit glitch, sometimes it will referesh properly without problems but sometimes elements can get still get stuck. It has been suggested to me that I need a really fast cloud based hosting package, is that really necessary for this template ?

Ive just noticed WD has stopped ftp’ing clicentraw to my pws folder ? Is there is way of uninstalling WD completely including registry entries and anything possibly associated, so I can re-install and start again ?

I really do like this template and it is the one I want to use,

Michael

Hello again,

I had to re-register because we have changed our internet provider and I messed up my emails.

Ok, I have removed ftp details from clientraw realtime upload page of WD (alternative ftp server). Now im only using ftp in FTP & Connections / connections, with the main switch on.

The page is still glitchy though, I tried a demo trail hosting shared server and that was even worse response than my current server. I will see if I can find a cloud based hosting account on trial.

Sorry for all these posts.

Michael

Hi Brian,

Tried that one - withe the default port 80 - no luck.

Regards,

Ian.

that’s strange as it does work for another person OK

Yeah - see my previous post, pretty sure they have a slightly different setup with the hardware - no worries

Same story here. Can’t connect to the WS-1001 (CONRAD version) by using the webpage.

Easyweather 3.0 is listening nicely, but WD is not. I’ve been using WIRESHARK to see what is going on between EASYWEATHER (EW) and my PC. Looks like that EW is first sending an UDP to the WS1001. THen is getting back to port it can communicate. But every time you restart the EW program, a different port is used. But the port my PC is listening on is always 6500.

Hi Rai,

That is interesting - the console is running Windows CE as its base OS, so I wonder if Easy Weather is using Windows RPC (Remote Procedure call) This initiates a UDP request to the target which responds with a random high port to which the source then accepts and data comms then proceeds on that port - the port changes each time a session is initiated. I believe RPC is common method for Windows software.

Regards,

Ian.

Hi
I have one of these station here now…
and I have easyweather getting the data (after I changed the ini files on the console)
(one gotcha is I did the micro sd card route first…to udpate the firmware…but that changed the frequency…I managed to get that changed back to NZ frequency…433…by tricking it to update again by changing the firmware version in the update.ini

but using the USB connection is much easier…to replace the server.ini (one you realise that the directory is Compact (under my computer), then NAND, then easyweather

anyway, I too have been using wireshark…I can see that easyweather sends a command (which includes the mac address of the console) to the console IP address…
to initiate it to send the data…yes?

I have managed to capture the live data into a simple web server program running on your pc
i.e so no need to have a web site or use your web site
only gotcha is that you need to set your PC IP address in the server.ini file on the console (e.g via the USB connection)
downside is if your PC’s IP address changes…can your PC be assigned a fixed IP?

(also I have found that the data will not update until you set a station ID in the wunderground settings on the console (any ID will do)

build 27 .zip update I have added this new direct support option
and it turns out if you have the console connected to the pc via USB, then it does not matter what IP address you have set in the server.ini file
(it would be interesting to know if it will work with out any change to the server.ini file or any other file )

Hi Brian,

Sounds promising - will try and give it a test this weekend, many thanks!

Regards,

Ian

found out that I needed to check for metric data being sent by the console
build 28 does that now :wink:

I have created some instructions for getting data into WD via the php file on your web site method now :
http://www.weather-display.com/wifiprosetup/wifopro.html

I may not have understood this method right (new WD user) but I can not get it to work. I have tried, I think, every way to get my weather station to upload data to ws1001.json but without result.

My “Server.ini” looks like this:

[Menu]
default=www.wunderground.com
web=1
web1=www.wunderground.com
web2=www.busvader.se
[www.wunderground.com]
Server=www.busvader.se
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true
[www.busvader.se]
Server=www.busvader.se
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customise
ReadOnly=true

I have “updateweather.php” in a folder called “weatherstation” in the root of my site.
Weather Underground is updated but not my site.

I have “updateweather.php” in a folder called “weatherstation” in the root of my site.
Weather Underground is updated but not my site.

should it not be updateweatherstation.php ???

anyway remove the www

[Menu]
web=1
web2=www.yourserver.com

[www.wunderground.com]
Server=yourserver.com
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

[www.yourserver.com]
Server=yourserver.com
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

nice write up brian…:slight_smile:

it is named updateweatherstation.php, just wrong in the post. Sorry

I have tried without the www but it does not help.

remove the www

[Menu]
web=1
web2=www.busvader.se
[www.wunderground.com]
Server=busvader.se
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true
[www.busvader.se]
Server=busvader.se
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customise
ReadOnly=true

also check

UploadType=Customise

should be

UploadType=Customize

I am making progress in being able to get the raw weather data direct from the WIFI Pro weather station via the local WIFI connection :slight_smile:
(i.e instead of using the USB)
Need some testers to help me in getting that to work further :slight_smile:

I have this working, using the WIFI (i.e no USB connection needed)
was a real challenge

need someone who has US units on the console selected to test please
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip
build 40
tick the new wifi direct option in the weather station type setup, wifi pro station setup :slight_smile:
(do not have the easy weather program running)