WS-1001 data direct to WD?

maybe not my call its up to him but he would need to understand i can not offer any help . i hope people will understand that and perhaps he has too much to
concentrate on his own developments with his template , i am simply looking to give all the template and upcoming development code to someone who can keep it going make it better
add there own ideas .

but where weather display is concerned think you have it all worked .

please accept my apologies for any inconvenience it may cause…

brian

just out of interest I have just completed adding support (tested and works) to the Mac version…will update that version in a few hours…

so that people new potential users of the template could at least try to install and use it, could I host the download template file and instructions etc on the weather display server?

sure no problem if you would like to give me your email so i can send the template zipped up , please note someone has agreed to take over the distribution i don’t know if they use WD
or not but it will appear in a few days probably with a new description and definitely a new url none of this will provided by myself .

i would send you two version a standalone clientraw version which based on your software client raw.txt and a WS1001 version which you can adapt even more now you have the
capability of using your software alongside.

really have no issues at all in what you do with it unfortunately i can not be of much help going forward as outlined in the reason above .

please drop me an email i will send them along sometime on monday in perhaps three different emails to reduce the download instead one combined 50+ mb note each version

has dark/light and metric,non metric,uk ,scandinavia(MS) & knots version for the surfers/sea enthusiasts …

brian

Hi
my email is in my forum signature banner :slight_smile:

OK, Brian sent me the templates, and I have them available to download at these links
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/idesign/lightversion.zip
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/idesign/darkversion.zip
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/idesign/lightversionclientraw.zip
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/idesign/darkversionclientraw.zip

I need to create a web page explaining more about the templates with the links on that page and giving credit to Brian Underdown from http://idesign34.com

I have now added, in the latest .zip update, where you can set to use a direct socket connection, where WD receives the raw data direct from the console via TCP socket connection (TCP server-> client setup in the weather station type, WiFI pro setup)

Hi all,

Have been away and see there has been quite some activity on this topic :slight_smile:

From what I see (feel free to correct me if wrong) - There seems to be two basic variations on the WS-1001 series - one that comes with a console running Windows CE and a cut down version of the Easy Weather Software (which I have). The other variant does not have a console but instead a receiver with network connectivity (Ambient sell as the Observer IP in the US) this hosts a small webpage on port 80 giving access to the livedata.htm data.

I have done a port scan on my WS-1001 console version and it doesn’t seem to be listening on any ports - so I cannot obtain any data, although the Easy Weather 3.0 beta software (downloadable from here if anyone wants to try: https://ambientweather.wikispaces.com/ws1001-wifi) somehow seems to be able to connect to it and get data. It appears to be relying on UDP broadcast to obtain the MAC address of the device. Though as to the detail of how its doing all this is very hard to see.

The ObserverIP unit sells for $55US (http://www.ambientweather.com/amobserverip.html) - seriously thinking of getting one if it enables me to get the data directly. Else I will have to continue to redirect the WU data to my website and use the file import method. Still, its lot better than getting the data back from WU which is what I had to do previously. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Ian.

I have now added direct UDP client/server abilty
where you set the IP address and WD creates a direct socket connection

Hi Brian,

Is this the WIFI Direct IP connection - if so which port? Or is it the “Use direct from this address” checkbox and field?

I have tried both with no success on mine…

Regards,

Ian.

its the new setup , in build 18, server-> client setup
(where you select the Wifi pro station type, bottom right hand corner)

Hello Brian,

I’m not sure if im in the correct thread or not, we have changed our broadband supplier and I am going to try the idesign template again and maybe switch to another faster server if necessary.

I’ve re-installed WD, I deleted the wd folder too, and now starting again but wd is still ftp’ing clientraw to my server even though I have removed all of my ftp details from wd, I just cannot see where its getting my ftp and login details from, is it a windows registry thing ? Its ftp’ing even with the main switch turned off !

Im really looking forward to trying to get the template working.

Michael

check under control panel, webfiles/web page setup, real time ftp setup
you may have entered ftp settings under use these ftp setttings and ticked to use that
(as opposed to the normal FTP settings under control panel, FTP/internet setup , connections)

Thanks Brian,

I think that’s stopped it now. I have the latest darkversion template which I believe is more up to date than my previous one, I will test this on my current server in the morning and see how well my server refreshes the data. I also have an excellent ptz dome camera for my sky cam and hope to somehow embed that too.

My indoor temp / hum sensor is now outdoors at ground level, I didn’t realise it was a weather sealed unit so it will now be out at ground level to show differences between the iss up on the roof and what’s going on at ground level. I can change the template to say “temp / hum at ground”.

Many thanks, I sill cannot believe how much functionality you have built into wd, there is nothing it cannot do !

Michael

there is nothing it cannot do !
if you have a labjack , you could even set WD to turn on the coffee in the morning 8O

Hello,

Just thought I would update:

I have the dark version template back up and running on my hosting account, it works, but again it sometimes doesn’t refresh and the barometer / wind / windspeed can get stuck or disappear. I have the template speed at default settings, I haven’t changed any of the refresh speeds but clearly the server does not want to refresh fast enough.

I have spoken to a few hosting companies and explained how the template works and 1 of them said that normal shared hosting may not be good enough and I might need cloud based hosting ?

I may sign up to 1 for a free trial, what do others think about this ?

Michael

Hello Brian,

I have just tested on another hosting account, trail basis, the template was even slower to refresh, so im back on my
current sever.

It appears to be a bit glitch, sometimes it will referesh properly without problems but sometimes elements can get still get stuck. It has been suggested to me that I need a really fast cloud based hosting package, is that really necessary for this template ?

Ive just noticed WD has stopped ftp’ing clicentraw to my pws folder ? Is there is way of uninstalling WD completely including registry entries and anything possibly associated, so I can re-install and start again ?

I really do like this template and it is the one I want to use,

Michael

Hello again,

I had to re-register because we have changed our internet provider and I messed up my emails.

Ok, I have removed ftp details from clientraw realtime upload page of WD (alternative ftp server). Now im only using ftp in FTP & Connections / connections, with the main switch on.

The page is still glitchy though, I tried a demo trail hosting shared server and that was even worse response than my current server. I will see if I can find a cloud based hosting account on trial.

Sorry for all these posts.

Michael

Hi Brian,

Tried that one - withe the default port 80 - no luck.

Regards,

Ian.

that’s strange as it does work for another person OK