WS-1001 data direct to WD?

ah, I see you sent to my gmail…

added support for this now to the latest .zip update
(see in the stationless setup)

Have it running in a test environment - its looking good so far, updates much faster. Will leave it running for 24 hours to compare with my Prod WD and get back to you.

Much obliged, this is a great improvement on WU updates!

Regards,
Ian.

it reads the file every 5 seconds :slight_smile:

After letting it run for nearly 24 hours I am just finding the pressure is not updating at all. In fact this zip update version does not seem to be updating if I switch back to using WU either.

Good news is that all other values are matching the console - much better that using WU - more frequent and precise data. Its great. :slight_smile:

I will check the code 're barometer problem
When I get home later today from a conference

Hi
I have checked the barometer, and that is parsed OK from what is in the raw file (for the barometer data)
is that raw data value changing?
what do you have set as the baro offset in WD?

Hi,

To date I have not been using an offset in WD - I have set an offset in the WS1001 however. I also have “Use QFE barometer” unchecked.

looking at the current import file (barometer":“30.39”,“absbarometer”:“30.26”) with my calcs this comes out at and 1029.12 and 1024.72 - WD is stuck on 1027 (unchanged in 24 hours or so) - WU station is showing 1029, and has been changing.

Can now confirm changes in the raw files too (after waiting for 45 mins or so) which then match the settings my WU station is showing.

Regards,

Ian.

hummm
if you could .zip and email me the latest raw file used
and your WD settings files, wdisplay.ini and wdisplayftp.reg
after going action, back up registry entry now, in WD

Sent to your gmail…

Hi
I have your settings
as I suspected
at some stage you have set a 400hpa barometer offset
see the attached screen shot

go to control panel,offsets and initial rain
set the offset as 0 (enter that in the box), click on set, then click on OK

I can presume that was the problem and you have fixed it , going by your web site data
http://wsx.centratus.com/wsx
which has the barometer changing

Hi Brian,

Yeah - I pushed 10.37Sb09 and the zip update it to my prod WD late last night.

As you can see from the smoother graphs , the data is much more granular. I now have indoor temp and humidity data which I could not get from WU previously. Not sure where the web table is picking up the “(QNH 0.0 hPa” on the end of the “Barometer (corrected to MSL)” field - but not too worried about that. Also haven’t had any rain in days, so I cannot see how that is working yet but confident that should be OK.

Its great not having to rely on WU and my internet connection. If anyone is interested in using this import feature, I can point to where I got the information on how the WS1001 can be set to save data files it sends to WU. A web server is required to intercept the data however, and this has to be on your local network for WD to access the file.

Many thanks again for putting that import feature in :slight_smile:

Regards,

Ian.

would be good if you could post a link to the info about it all (ie how to change settings in the firmware on the weather station to send to a different IP address the WU data etc)
I wonder if there is a way I could get WD to hook into that HTTP GET data to the local IP address directly to pick up the data

re rain, we should get some showers in the area wednesday onwards…a more typical weather pattern for the time of year is coming

This link as been my primary source of information - http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=28709.0

I have used the WU redirection methods weatherist34 has published above for the WS1001 to leverage the same file for import - all of the information can be found on the forum entry above. Many Thanks to the work DrSprite (initially) and ultimately weatherist34 have done on this! (Also luckily for me the WS1001 console is essentially a Windows CE PC, so working in IT for over 20 years this is something I am familiar with) :slight_smile:

On the subject of using HTTP GET commands I also see that there is a beta version of Easy WeatherIP :- https://ambientweather.wikispaces.com/ws1001-wifi which connects to the WS1001 via WiFi IP address and can get the data - I have tested this with the WS1001 (firmware ver 2.29)and can confirm this does indeed work so getting data out of this device directly is indeed possible, but details of if they use HTTP and/or how they do this is not published.

it must be that the data is sent back , when you do a http get request?

Some info here too.

this bit of info
final part for WS1001 unit only: Now update the files on the WS1001 clones either by using the SDcard method or if you have a windows based machine the unit can be connected via USB and you can use file explorer to simply drag the files to the unit which is the best and quickest method .
Now unplug the unit after updating the files and it will reboot wait around 60-120 seconds and if you did all correct above you are now generating a live data you can check it by typing in your browser http://yourserver.com/weatherstation/ws1001.json it will be generating this

{“updated”:“12:19:54”,“outsideTemp”:“66.6”,“outsideHumidity”:“50”,“humiditytrend”:“50”,
“dewpoint”:“47.5”,“dewpointtrend”:“47.5”,“windchill”:“66.6”,“heatindex”:null,“feels”:“66.6”,
“windDir”:“282”,“windSpeed”:“2.9”,“windGust”:“4.9”,“rainrate”:“0.00”,“raintoday”:“0.00”,
“rainweek”:“0.00”,“rainmonth”:“0.00”,“rainyear”:“15.17”,“radiation”:“695.08”,“UV”:“5”,
“indoorTemp”:“73.6”,“indoorHumidity”:“43”,“barometer”:“29.96”,“absbarometer”:“29.71”,
“indoortrendTemp”:“73.6”,“trendTemp”:“66.6”,“windtrend”:“2.9”,“windgusttrend”:“4.9”,
“trendbarometer”:“29.96”,“solartrend”:“695.08”,“softwaretype”:“ISTANBUL161 V2.2.5”,“month”:“April”,“year”:“2016”,“day”:“Thursday”,“realtime”:“1”,“rtfreq”:“5”,
“status”:“updateraw”,“timestamp”:1460020794,“timeutc”:“2016-4-7 9:19:54”,“power”:true}

means that if WD were to access that IP address via HTTP request , that data would returned…yes?

Yes, that’s how I read it. If it’s sending that .json to a webserver, you should be able to GET it. I think the assumption is that the server is on the local network, or even on the same PC. If it’s on the same PC then I guess you could just open it as a local file.

My basic interpretation if it helps any :slight_smile:

The WS1001 console is just a Windows CE PC - it seems to be running a customised version of Easyweather software for that OS type. (If you connect the console via a USB cable it is possible to browse the file structure). It has a file called server.ini which is where it stores the connection info for WU. the default file is shown below:

[Menu]
default=www.wunderground.com
web=2
web1=www.wunderground.com
web2=www.***.com

[www.wunderground.com]
Server=rtupdate.wunderground.com
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

[www.***.com]
Server=
ServerType=jsp
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Default
ReadOnly=false

by changing this file and replacing the WU server entry and pointing to a local web server it then seems to run (?) the updateweatherstation.php in the root of the web server folder which contains the code to fire off the data to WU, but also capture the data in an array and save it to a file. - This bit I don’t understand, I am not a web developer and not conversant in.php