Can't send to my website

Not sure about where to put this on the forum, feel free to move as needed.

About 0800 this morning my website (www.pdx-wx.com) stopped updating, I noticed it around noon when I tried to reach it via my phone (using wifi on the same router as my weather pc), I turned off wifi on the phone and got right into the site, bt I could see that it hadn’t updated since 0800.

Then I went to the WD PC and tried to reach the site, no luck, just timed out. I then tried a tracert to the site, seems to die after hop #8

Tracing route to pdx-wx.com [199.16.189.58]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Actiontec.mbotkin.com [192.168.0.1]
2 3 ms 2 ms 1 ms 174-25-160-254.ptld.qwest.net [174.25.160.254]
3 1 ms 2 ms 1 ms ptld-agw1.inet.qwest.net [207.225.86.185]
4 * 5 ms 5 ms sea-brdr-02.inet.qwest.net [67.14.41.190]
5 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms ae14.edge2.seattle1.level3.net [4.68.62.189]
6 135 ms 222 ms 227 ms vl-5.car1.detroit1.level3.net [4.69.202.234]
7 67 ms 67 ms 67 ms easy-online.car1.detroit1.level3.net [4.31.123.9
8]
8 68 ms 68 ms 68 ms core5.tym.r256.net [173.225.176.93]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 ^C
C:\Users\

I tried calling CenturyLink internet support but they were no help.

Any ideas on how to fix this?? How do I contact the last good hop support to tell then something is wrong?

Mike

Mike,

Have you contacted your Host provider?

This would not be the first time that a web host has blocked an IP of a Weather site operator for too frequent connections, or inadvertently…

-Bob

I see you ended the tracert manually, but I’m assuming it never reached the destination. Note that you can’t always rely on a timeout from a router on a tracert meaning the router is down or unreachable, some routers just can’t be bothered to respond.

If you can access your cpanel it would probably show there if the host had blocked you. (My cpanel is accessed at a different IP, YMMV)

THanks guys!!
I have it working, according to Host Mantis my IP was blocked :
IP Block was removed from server: crimson
Reason: Your IP was blocked due to multiple FTP login failures

Not sure about why there were failures, I haven’t changed anything recently and once I removed the block I watched the ftp upload without any issue…

Appears that I’m down again, but a bit of sleuthing on the web shows why. Apparently they are having issues with major DOS attacks on their servers. This has been going on for quite a while and I’m guessing they have just locked out many if not all their users to try to isolate the problem. I (and it seems they) have no idea when they will be back up. :frowning:

Site only sort of up. Apparently Hostmantis decided to move everything off of the Detroit servers to LA because LA has better DdOS prevention?? I dunno seems like a denial of service attack would be the same on any server…
Anyway I can connect to the site and upload to it, but it is showing the last update time as May 14th at 03:55, but when I look at the files on the server I see current dates and times. I’ve sent them a support ticket.