WD logo

When looking at the WD logo with the cloud and lightning today I thought it maybe looks a bit outdated and then I saw an interesting parallel :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thats quite good, its lacking sommat though, prob colour needed

Sure, though today the trend is to rather use simpler logos, more or less just a shape, but of course some color could be added :slight_smile:

No offense, but it looks like a crooked road viewed by a lopsided guy as he heads toward the loo

Can you reduce the size of the ā€˜cloudā€™ a bit, cutting down on the amount of black around the area? It seems a bit larger than it needs to be and distracts from making the ā€œDā€ as recognizable.

Just my two cents worth.

One of the most ingenious logos Iā€™ve seen is the one for the sailboat plans from years ago with a design called, of all things, Wood Pussy.

The logo is a W like a cat hissing at something, with the P incorporated in the right hand upwards stroke of the W, making it look a lot like a cat.

wood-pussy.gif

Youā€™re getting closer. Now shrink the whole cloud about 15-20% to see what it looks like.

The ā€œDā€ cloud overwhelms the ā€œWā€ lightning strike.

In my opinionā€¦

I thought a Wood Pussy was a skunk :lol:

Those are swamp pussies. Pepe Le Pew. As in the Skunkworks logo.

Still a clever use of letters (first letters) or words that look like the thing or animal they are describing.

I imagine there is some name for that kind of thing.
Dale

Sorry Jachym, couldnā€™t resist the temptation :oops:

niko,
Does this mean there is a tornado in that thunderhead, the ā€˜roar of a freight trainā€™ effect one hears about?

I do like the cloud not quite as tilted, too. Very nice, actually. Your degree in Graphic Design is paying off.

Right! ā€œIs that the light(ning) at the end of the tunnel, or an oncoming train?ā€

it was just an idea :wink:

ā€¦and not a bad one :slight_smile:

Jachym,
It was a VERY good idea and I expect to see you post your final result.

Iā€™m sure it never happened to you in college, but once in awhile a person gets a bit tired or crazy and goes overboard with the concept.

I was that way, and now after a refreshing nap, see that he and I may have taken your very serious idea and seemingly, but not intended, carried it to a bit of extreme.

I like the stylized WD and to link it to a cumulous cloud and the lightning was indeed nice.

Iā€™d proudly include the logo on my Meteotemplate site, but do you know can you display TWO logos (the RM Young and the WD) ones or isnā€™t that an ability your scripts have as of yet?

Dale

(hoping you didnā€™t take offense at our comments. You should know I have NO artistic talent at all!)

No, definitely not :slight_smile: It was fun and I will make some modifications, this was indeed why I posted here, to get feedback and I dont even assume for this to be taken any further, though if Brian likes it why not :smiley: I was just installing a new version of WD, which I dont too often since I only use it very rarely when I need to test something and while it was installing, since my PC is slow I was staring at the cloud/lightning icon in relatively poor resolution and just thought how it could be make more up to date.

When in my office on Monday I will post an updated version.

not exactly sure what you meant by this:

do you know can you display TWO logos (the RM Young and the WD) ones or isn't that an ability your scripts have as of yet?

One thing we donā€™t have is a weather station 1 wire logo