WD logo

When looking at the WD logo with the cloud and lightning today I thought it maybe looks a bit outdated and then I saw an interesting parallel :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thats quite good, its lacking sommat though, prob colour needed

Sure, though today the trend is to rather use simpler logos, more or less just a shape, but of course some color could be added :slight_smile:

No offense, but it looks like a crooked road viewed by a lopsided guy as he heads toward the loo

Can you reduce the size of the ‘cloud’ a bit, cutting down on the amount of black around the area? It seems a bit larger than it needs to be and distracts from making the “D” as recognizable.

Just my two cents worth.

One of the most ingenious logos I’ve seen is the one for the sailboat plans from years ago with a design called, of all things, Wood Pussy.

The logo is a W like a cat hissing at something, with the P incorporated in the right hand upwards stroke of the W, making it look a lot like a cat.

wood-pussy.gif

You’re getting closer. Now shrink the whole cloud about 15-20% to see what it looks like.

The “D” cloud overwhelms the “W” lightning strike.

In my opinion…

I thought a Wood Pussy was a skunk :lol:

Those are swamp pussies. Pepe Le Pew. As in the Skunkworks logo.

Still a clever use of letters (first letters) or words that look like the thing or animal they are describing.

I imagine there is some name for that kind of thing.
Dale

Sorry Jachym, couldn’t resist the temptation :oops:

niko,
Does this mean there is a tornado in that thunderhead, the ‘roar of a freight train’ effect one hears about?

I do like the cloud not quite as tilted, too. Very nice, actually. Your degree in Graphic Design is paying off.

Right! “Is that the light(ning) at the end of the tunnel, or an oncoming train?”

it was just an idea :wink:

…and not a bad one :slight_smile:

Jachym,
It was a VERY good idea and I expect to see you post your final result.

I’m sure it never happened to you in college, but once in awhile a person gets a bit tired or crazy and goes overboard with the concept.

I was that way, and now after a refreshing nap, see that he and I may have taken your very serious idea and seemingly, but not intended, carried it to a bit of extreme.

I like the stylized WD and to link it to a cumulous cloud and the lightning was indeed nice.

I’d proudly include the logo on my Meteotemplate site, but do you know can you display TWO logos (the RM Young and the WD) ones or isn’t that an ability your scripts have as of yet?

Dale

(hoping you didn’t take offense at our comments. You should know I have NO artistic talent at all!)

No, definitely not :slight_smile: It was fun and I will make some modifications, this was indeed why I posted here, to get feedback and I dont even assume for this to be taken any further, though if Brian likes it why not :smiley: I was just installing a new version of WD, which I dont too often since I only use it very rarely when I need to test something and while it was installing, since my PC is slow I was staring at the cloud/lightning icon in relatively poor resolution and just thought how it could be make more up to date.

When in my office on Monday I will post an updated version.

not exactly sure what you meant by this:

do you know can you display TWO logos (the RM Young and the WD) ones or isn't that an ability your scripts have as of yet?

One thing we don’t have is a weather station 1 wire logo