Is there a value WD returns for a taglist item?

I’m trying to implement a popular addition to many of the scripts I see, but in an elegant but somewhat limited system of programming.

I’m using GraphWeather, which while not as popular lately, is a beautiful graphic addition to displaying all sorts of information.

It takes the customtextout.txt file and draws graphs that are quite nice. It also does some sun/moon rise/transit/set intrinsically.

One thing that I find in the taglist.txt that could help me is the %hoursofpossibledaylight% parameter. I could send this value in the customtextout.txt file to get a value to display of hours of sunlight today.

What I’d need, and don’t have in GraphWeather, is someway to store yesterday’s value, and do a comparison to today’s value.

On the other hand, maybe buried in the thousands of possible values that WD can generate, it truly is amazing what it does, is the very function I’m looking for, that is, difference in minutes from yesterday. That value could be positive or negative, but if somehow WD could produce that number I’d be in heaven, or close to it.

Does anyone know if there is a tag value that returns that number? It seems likely but I can’t find it and I got blurry eyes looking so I may have jumped right over it.

Thanks for any information someone may have found.

If it is not currently available, does anyone know if Brian can generate that number and add it to the taglist or is that something that is not modifiable or WD couldn’t generate? Since it stores so many values about all weather conditions, it would seem it might have the ability to do that, if he had time to add it in sometime.

Just asking.

Thanks for any leads or hints.

Dale

Yes, I think the %changeinday% tag is what you are after :slight_smile:

Martyn,
Thank you very much for the lead.

The nice thing about WD is it can do so much.
The problem withe WD is it can do so much, but because it can, I sort of suspected there was a function that would give me what I wanted.

Many thanks, someday I hope I can return the favor to you or someone else looking for information

Dale