Various errors wxsim and lite

Hi, i wake up to various errors, normally its the single one for wxsim lite and when i click it
it very quickly fills the up with the forecast, then closes… that one has been going on for
sometime now (poss since the new version)

The multiple error was from this morning, see images please…

Getting still the same Run-time error 62 while downloading GFS-Data or processing a forecast. Happens unfortunately on every GFS-run for quite some time now.

I certainly want to fix these problems, and believe I can. Just checking the forum again after a few days (including getting my income taxes done!). I may need more details about the circumstances (exactly when, and in which program the errors occur). Quite possibly, I may need to access your computer using Team Viewer, if that’s OK (sometimes I’ve fixed probblems very quickly that way). Please email me privatly and we can discuss that possibility.

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom

I am getting these errors in the morning. I get the first one and after clicking ‘ok’ the second error message shows.

I am running the latest update

I can load team viewr if you need to access my computer

regards

Dave

OK, before we do Team Viewer, I do have some things for you to check (which might fix it):

The Permission Denied error generally means multiple programs, or multiple copies of the same program, are trying to access the same file at the same time. This can be a scheduling problem, like if WXSIMATE tries to look at a log file at the same time WXSIM-Lite is working with it. I especially wonder about this possibility because you are telling me (?) that this happens on the first run of the day, but not afterward. Perhaps you could post screen shots of the schedulers for WXSIM-Lite, WXSIMATE, and WXSIM?

Thanks,

Tom

Here you go Tom

Thanks for your help with this

Dave

wxsim schedule.jpg

wxsimlite schedule.jpg

Mostly, this looks good. There are two things that could be a problem, though:

(1) You’re just a bit tight on the timing between the programs. Maybe spread things out from your current 6, 9, and 10 minutes after the hour to maybe 6, 10, and 12.

(2) You’re actually running your WXSIM-Lite analysis AFTER your first forecast of the day. You might move that back to 3:30 or something, so it can be used in the first forecast. I’m really not sure that would cause an error, but it’s not ideal. By the way, what software do you use with the station? If it’s Weather Display or Cumulus, everything I said above is fine as is. If it’s WeatherLink or VWS, you’ve need another WXSIM run before the WXSIM-Lite analysis (like maybe 3:06).

If the problem continues, you may need to be up to “catch” it and really describe what’s happening. If you get up at 5 (I don’t!), you’re set. Otherwise, you might just omit that run and watch the next one happen.

Let me know what you find!

Tom

Hi Tom,

it is almost a week since I

Thanks for your help Tom

Strangely the errors have not occurred again since my original post - but I have changed the timings as per your reccomendations.

Will obviously keep monitoring but all seems stable at the moment.

regards

Dave