Wunderground solar values

Hi,
Im using a bit of a special setup. I got a couples of Raspberry Pi’s with different sensors. I put this all together and upload to wunderground.
From here, Im downloading from wunderground to Weather-Display, if you look at the screenshots, in the first one, one part is correct and the other is not (the graph got a “jagged” line). And in the second, for some reason it gets a reading from somewhere I can’t tell where since thats a value I don’t have at all at wunderground?

How can I solve this to only use the W/m2 from wunderground and not the other? Would also be nice if WD could calculate solar % from this value?

Regards,
Latis

Skärmavbild 2016-04-13 kl. 11.52.51.png

Skärmavbild 2016-04-13 kl. 11.53.00.png

Skärmavbild 2016-04-13 kl. 11.53.20.png

Just saw now, the “current readin” in the solar sensor setup is switching between my wunderground value and the “current max” value. This is whats causing the jagged line.

How can I prevent this?

Hi
try the latest build
and if still a problem
then let me know and I will do some investigating

Ok, updated to S6, will see how it behaves tomorrow!

Thanks for quick reply!

I will do some testing today here as well…

I will have to wait till tomorrow, its exactly 0W/m2 in sweden atm :o)

the latest version is working OK here in testing here

I still get the jagged line, :frowning:

I cant figure our why.

it might be in your settings then
.zip and email me your settings files

Which files do you need?

there is a FAQ on the WD forum for how to send me the settings files
and there is a youtube video as well
http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php

Thanks, files are now sent!

I have emailed you back a couple of settings you have missed in the solar setup
(which are detailed in the youtube video)

Im pretty sure I tried those settings, but I activated them and will evaluate tomorrow!

Seems like its working! Thanks!

Another question, how often does it pull data from wunderground? Can that be changed somehow?

Is there any other way to transfer data from another system to WD which is quicker? Some textfile which can handle: outside temp, hum, baro, rain, wind and solar w/m2? I can make a text file look however I want!

its every 5 minutes that it pulls the data…
you cant change that (if faster than I would blow the api key useage (which I already pay for each month on a plan)

not sure about your other question? (what are you wanting to achieve?)

Im using a software called Domoticz to centralize data from a lots of sources (raspberry pies, wireless sensors, etc). That system is reporting to Wunderground and I then download that data to WD.

That system got really good scripting capabilities and I could easily create a text files with the values that I want inside WD:
Temperature, Wind speed, Wind direction, Rain, Solar W/m2, Barometer and Humidity

So my question is, can WD read data from a textfile and use instead of WU as source in some way? That would also save you some usage of the wunderground API key!

Illustration:
Now I have:
Domoticz ----> Wunderground ----> Weather-Display

Im looking for:
Domoticz ----> Text file (or mysql) ----> Weather-Display

yes…using the universal input…there is a read me file about that (universal.txt)

datain38.ini worked wonders! Uploading every 10 seconds, thanks for all help!

I have been using this for a while now. The only issue I have is that rain is constantly increasing in WD, even when its not actually raining anymore.

As of today, its been raining 1.6 mm. WD reports 47.6mm. The datain38.ini contains 1.625mm rain. It seems like its increasing rain by 1.625 every once in a while. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?