Leuven-Template 2.8 version available

well, you sent me the .zipped data files folder
you can check for yourself
there is no month52015.inf data file
maybe it was lost
(which then does not mean its lost on the wunderground site)

Ok…

is there a way to retreive all my data on WU so i can re put them in the datafile ?

Hi
if you have the 52015lg.txt in your log files folder you can use WD to create a new month52015.inf using the convert log file to data file option under actions

Harold

@virusdunil

you can also download data from WU
there is a youtube video on how to do that

also there is no need to send me a Facebook message ‘are you there’

I had stepped out of office to do some other things

Thanks…the green light was there so… :wink:

Ive been working a lot on the template to have BOTH french and english…

Almost translated to english as well via langtrans so ive activated the flags button :smiley:

.the green light was there so
I do not log out of the forum though so there is no point in trying to keep tabs on me, sorry

Hi
anybody getting a live time on yowindow 5hrs in the past i.e. 15:26 when it is 20:26 the data looks ok on the right for the correct time but the forecast temps look a bit high
I have a feeling this is something at yowindow rather than the template.

Harold

Hi
well discovered that yowindows does not like 5 decimal places in the long/lat settings and as I put the correct values to 5 decimal places in the template wsUserSettings.php file it defaulted to New York time, if the values are set to 1 decimal place they work correctly.
is there a way to use 1 decimal place in wsDashyowindow.php but have 5/6 decimal places in wsUserSettings.php.

Harold

I will do some more testing as this is a very strange finding. Most people then have to use less then 5 decimal places.
I changed the script and attach that version. It rounds to two decimal places and that works OK.
Please test at your place,
Wim

wsDashYowindow.php.zip (4.36 KB)

Hi Wim
I have just tried the revised wsDashyowindow.php but still same problem for me sorry

I tested the decimal place with the attached zipped html file below which is from the yowindows site with my location info in and works in local explorer

if I put 2 decimal places number in it shows the same problem

my full values are
“latitude” = “54.313397”
“longitude” = “-4.544012”

http://www.hc-iom.co.uk/weather28/index.php

Harold

Ballaugh1.zip (1003 Bytes)

It is indeed an error in yowindow.
Putting the 1 decimal digit lat/lon in the html file displays correct time, putting the 2 or more decimal lat/lon displays the 6 hours earlier time in yowindow.
To solve your problem for now: change lines 171-174 in the wsDashYowindow.php from the previous post from

else {  $location_id    =
'lat: "'.round($SITE['latitude'],2).'",
      lon: "'.round($SITE['longitude'],2).'",';
}

to

else {  $location_id    =
'lat: "'.round($SITE['latitude'],1).'",
      lon: "'.round($SITE['longitude'],1).'",';
}

That wil solve it for you.

Strange thing is that it occurs with your latitude/longitude. Not with the other sites I use to test.

The normal solution was in the past to not use the lat/lon but to use a yowindow_place_ID which you can get at Local Weather
But that page is non functional at the moment.

=== Problem description:

The yowindow gadget request its id information when using the lat/lon with 1 decimal digit with this url:
http://widget2.yowindow.com/cgi-bin/wimo/server/index.pl?request=world&version=2&lat=54.3&lon=-4.5&client=hp_pal&lang=en
which returns this usable information:
id=“3209501” name=“Mount Karrin” country_name=“Isle of Man” path=“” latitude=“54.29” longitude=“-4.50” elevation=“0” p=“0” icao_id="EGNS . . .

When asking the same info with a 2 decimal digit lat/lon
http://widget2.yowindow.com/cgi-bin/wimo/server/index.pl?request=world&version=2&lat=54.31&lon=-4.54&client=hp_pal&lang=en
there is an error
Duplicate entry ‘8388607’ for key ‘PRIMARY’

If no ID can be found yowindow always default to NYC

===

I will post the html code and the two URLs on the yowindow forum tomorrow showing this error to the programmers.

Wim

Hi Wim
thats ok now with the revision

now mount Karrin is familiar to me if you look at my webcam and at the hills in the background the trees under the word webcam is where it is about 2.5 miles away from my actual location so 1 decimal place is a bit inaccurate.

looks as though yowindows have one or two things to sort out

thanks
Harold

Hi Wim.

Would apreasiate help with adding number 158 10 minute average windspeed (kts) from weatherdisplay clietraw.txt file into the dashboard leuven template 2.8 area 2 on photo.
This insted of number 1 60sec rolling Average windspeed (kts) from clientraw.txt.
Im using m/s on the template.
Prefer to have it in area 1 on photo, but if way to much work, possible to change clienraw number for area 2.

!0 min is the offical observation her in norway, also www.yr.no is using this.
Average wind speed and direction during the 10 minutes is used when the wind to be observed by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute.

See photo and site here:
https://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsStartPage&wp=WD&lang=en

Thanks for making this nice template.

clientrawdescription.txt (15.3 KB)

[quote author=Bj

Hi Wim.

Thanks a million for info :slight_smile:

Hope you can ad an extra field on the dashboard for this 10 minute average windspeed when you have time.

Again, thanks.

thinking of upgrading my meteobridge to the wireless meteobridge Pro ,I am assuming there would be no problem using it with your templates as I am now with meteobridge

Probably no problem.

Each MB has the same weather-tags if it uses a logger.

Be aware that the MB-pro with built-in Meteostick misses a few tags.
A Vantage station with a Davis logger also supplies the forecast texts, Meteostick can not do that.

Also the inside temp is not usable as it is to high. You have to use some offset in your setup.

AND
every MB with a Meteostick willnot support a second weather-program. Loop-thruogh is only possible with a logger attached.

Wim

Thanks will bare that in mind

Just started playing with this. Question that I have, is there a way to make the Leuven template parse the existing clientraw upload from the root folder where my website is currently running so I can get actual conditions imported into the template?

The existing carter lake is www.bigbaywx.com

And of course the Leuven is www.bigbaywx.com/weather28/

Looking for a setting to direct the software to look into the bigbaywx main folder for the clientraw instead of the weather28 folder.

Thanks in advance.

Doug